Author Topic: Throwing accuracy changes  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Bash Brisecul

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Throwing accuracy changes
« on: February 08, 2013, 03:17:51 am »
Anyone tested Throwing accurary lately?

I know a while ago throwing accurary depended on the amount of PT you had over the PT Requierement of the weapon you threw. While needed 13 WPF per Power throw or else they were "canceled".

I know a few months ago this was switched so that only WPF impacted accuracy. Pumping 170+ wpf made them MW War Dart super ninja accurate with 2 PT.

Now i'm trying to gauge that shit, maybe i'm a moron but i can't see the accuracy difference between a 170 wpf 2pt build or a 115 wpf 10 pt build.

Did some more test, throwing all my war darts at 1 target without moving and checking where they lands, seems no matter how much WPF or PT i put, i get the same damn accuracy. The target reticle may change a little bit, but it doesn't seem to matter.

My war darts landed at the same distance with each of the following build, wearing no armor :

2 PT , 30 WPF
10 PT, 130 WPF
2 PT, 190 WPF

Something is broken at the moment, as it seem it's only taking the weapon's stat into consideration.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Throwing accuracy changes
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 10:18:13 am »
Was your test-distance a fair amount away from the target or did you test it on close range?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Bash Brisecul

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 02:08:18 pm »
Pretty far, shot em with maybe a 30 degree angle on a flat ground and checked where they landed on the ground.

They always landed in an area that would be around 3 time as large as a player.

I'll do the excercise again this week-end and i'll get screenshots.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 03:54:31 pm »
That was always my impression...at least for javelin type throwing weapons.  They always go to to the same spot in your reticule.  That's why I never understood the dedicated thrower (aside from doing more damage) it doesn't really help that much with accuracy.   I always thought a pure thrower was dumb, you're much better off being a hybrid with 2h or 1h/shield
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 05:04:22 pm »
+1
It can be a fun gimmick that's about it. Make a 9 or 10 PT alt or stf, bring 4 stacks of +3 jarids and start ripping them into a crowd. closest thing to an artillery strike in this game.

Offline Bash Brisecul

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 02:59:21 am »
+2
You see that super hero dude who blocks all and is on a 13-0 killing streak, you pretty much cancel his shit when you unload 12 axe on him and his shield. I always have the "Block this" comment in my head with it happens.

And you cancel them charging at ya rouncey with 1 axe.

Right now i'm 27/12 9 PT 9 PS Build, 2 Months ago the accuracy was sucking, now it's has accurate as it can be.

Offline NJ_Legion_Icedtea

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Icedtea
  • IRC nick: Icedtea
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 08:51:42 pm »
+1
I never found WPF to increase distance of throwing weapons, only increasing your throwing rate so that you can throw more in a shorter space of time, which I kind of think is only really useful against other throwers but I always think anything from 100-130 WPF is fine :)

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 02:24:18 pm »
Well, I've been playing low-throwing for some time now - 4 PT and 57 wtf - and I can say that I usually don't have trouble hitting people from a moderate distance, provided I arch it right. It seems pretty consistent. But the comment about speed vs. other throwers is legit - dancing with another thrower is usually not a great idea. If I can't get that thrower in one hit, I charge. (Also not always a good idea :) )

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 05:03:33 pm »
+2
In my experience its power throw that increases distance.

Offline Bash Brisecul

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 09:42:39 pm »
Distance = throwing speed of the weapon
You get more distance with heirloomed throwing weapon since they get like 19 speed instead of 17.

This post is about how throwing accuracy (the size of the reticle) is calculated now. 6 or more months ago, throwing axe with 4 PT and like 60-80 wpf was a nightmare. The axe would go 2 meter on the left, and the next axe 3 meters on the right.

Now they always seems to go straight where you aim, no matter how much PT or WPF you have, but i may have noticed that the hitbox of the character seems smaller.

Would be great if, on patch, we would get a message like "Throwing accurary is now calculated by your weiner size" in order to plan our build right.