Author Topic: Tavern server/game mode  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
Re: Tavern server/game mode
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 05:55:32 am »
I think we can see that the easiest way to get this done would be to make a new Duel Server map, as opposed to a new game-mode/server... it could meet a lot of the checkpoints, with much less effort. To that end I wrote a thread in the Scenes sub-forum asking just who is in charge of the "map rotation" in duel:

http://forum.meleegaming.com/scene-editing/the-duel-server-map/

In anticipation of an answer to that, I say get started! Make a map with an awesome tavern and a small outdoor area, so the revelry can spill out under the moon.

The peasant server had a map, it was a huge tavern room, it could be expanded to include a courtyard!

EDIT: Would need more than a courtyard... considering there should be cav and siege equipment running amuck.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:58:49 am by Nazgull »
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 07:41:15 am »
Well, they could always turn NA_3 into a tavern. Perhaps even a map similar to the tutorial single player map in warband. A track, shooting range, dueling area, and of course a giant tavern. Integrate the PW settings and you have localized chat, faction chat, and perhaps even dueling/trading chat. PW also has a cool way of dispensing weapons. How cool would it be if the shops you buy in the marketplace could actually appear in the duel server? Giving the players a chance to try out/test the weapons before buying them. Of course, I'm getting way ahead of myself.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 01:17:53 pm »
mehhh , make one for EU !! Maybe the EU 9 can be good for this  :D

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 04:18:02 pm »
with seperate chats for each room, so people outside the room cannot see your conversations, then it could be possible, if not for that I think the diplomacy will not be held there, also it will just be somewhat of a duel server nothing special, because of privacy reasons. would be cool! :)
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 08:06:17 pm »
+1
I want a darts board on the wall for throwers.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 01:33:09 pm »
You can post your ideas about the map by the way. I am thinking to take all of the suggestions into the account.

The sad thing is, commodore_axephante is not replying to my messages nor he did send me message before he left. I'm a bit clueless whether to continue or not. I would stop working on the map as a protest to devs, but they simply wouldn't care at all. So I think I'll go forward doing this for the community.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2013, 04:34:41 pm »
I doubt there would be serious strat talks. But it would be nice to have casual hangout place in the duel server.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 04:43:16 pm by Havoco »
Pock gobblers

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2013, 06:51:36 pm »
Well actually it can work for diplomatic affairs too, but only if the sides want to rp. Simply join the same ts room, join the server, come face to face in game, begin speaking.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D