Author Topic: LOLSTAB hugthrust never bounces.  (Read 827 times)

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
LOLSTAB hugthrust never bounces.
« on: February 07, 2013, 02:12:30 pm »
+3
For real , I`m tired of lolstab, and I came to realize that you will never remove it, but for fuck sake, that shit neven bounces, not even when the 2hander hugs you or even when he backpedals (meaning no speed bonus)

I find it stupid that every other weapon hugthrust will bounce while lolstab won`t , just because they lolstab the air and they turn it towards you.

Even the odds please.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
Re: LOLSTAB hugthrust never bounces.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 02:16:06 pm »
The bouncing is erratic at best. Sometimes i do a pointblank stab for full damage and sometimes it bounces when i think i have a solid hit.

Also, the stab stun is equaly random when attacking manual blocking opponents

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 02:17:39 pm »
The bouncing is erratic at best. Sometimes i do a pointblank stab for full damage and sometimes it bounces when i think i have a solid hit.

Also, the stab stun is equaly random when attacking manual blocking opponents

but this is retarded.

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 02:52:00 pm »
+2
You have such a hate for two-handers. I've never seen someone complain this much about a game mechanic.

You are right, I don't think the devs will remove the two-hander "lolstab" since that is a complete game changing mechanic and I assume most 2handers would rage really really hard.

So, following the rules of Utilitarianism, majority happiness > minority happiness- which is crucial when running a gaming community.

--

They have nerfed it really hard though, and it does glance a lot. I think that every time you get stabbed you rage, but you neglect every time the stab glances off you and so don't take an accurate account of successful:failed attempts ratio.

I could be wrong though. And you could be the unlucky player that gets hit by every single 'lolstab'. But I know, as a 2hander, if you don't time them correctly your stabs will glance.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 02:54:52 pm »
+2
You can hugthrust just as well with polearms, even easier if it's an awlpike or something like that. Also hugstabbing got a nerf on the WSE test servers, at least from the patch notes.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 03:07:01 pm »
You have such a hate for two-handers. I've never seen someone complain this much about a game mechanic.

You are right, I don't think the devs will remove the two-hander "lolstab" since that is a complete game changing mechanic and I assume most 2handers would rage really really hard.

So, following the rules of Utilitarianism, majority happiness > minority happiness- which is crucial when running a gaming community.

--

They have nerfed it really hard though, and it does glance a lot. I think that every time you get stabbed you rage, but you neglect every time the stab glances off you and so don't take an accurate account of successful:failed attempts ratio.

I could be wrong though. And you could be the unlucky player that gets hit by every single 'lolstab'. But I know, as a 2hander, if you don't time them correctly your stabs will glance.

I don`t hate 2handers, I hate lolstab. And I complain a lot because it`s a huge disadvantage, lolstab is worse than macro feints.
With macro feints if you can block the least, you can counter it, but with lolstab even blocking is useless.

The animation it`s so random, and that ghostreach is fucking annoying, many times I found myself getting outreached by a lolstab, even though I have a polearm.

You can hugthrust just as well with polearms, even easier if it's an awlpike or something like that. Also hugstabbing got a nerf on the WSE test servers, at least from the patch notes.

With the difference that polearms pull the thrust back and the lolstab in front.

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 06:44:26 pm »
For real , I`m tired of lolstab, and I came to realize that you will never remove it, but for fuck sake, that shit neven bounces, not even when the 2hander hugs you or even when he backpedals (meaning no speed bonus)

I find it stupid that every other weapon hugthrust will bounce while lolstab won`t , just because they lolstab the air and they turn it towards you.

Even the odds please.

I would trade the lolstab on my HBS and claymore for the halfsword animation ANY DAY, the polearm stab is way superior

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 06:46:19 pm »
+1
I would trade the lolstab on my HBS and claymore for the halfsword animation ANY DAY, the polearm stab is way superior

It's better if you're awful at the game. Any decent player can see that the 2H stab is way better than 1h and polearm stabs.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 07:26:17 pm »
Somehow players doing polearmtrhusts pain me more these days than 2h lolstabbers. Just me sucking?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:43:10 pm by TiberiusX »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 07:38:30 pm »
Somehow players doing polearmtrhusts pain me more these days than 2h lolstabbers. Just me sucking?
Depends on how they do it.

Hill mastered the retardedly hilarious "Call Lightning" move where it looks like he's blocking/holding and a split second later you are hit in the face from less then a foot away with a longspear. Always amusing to see him fight people, as they always stagger away in confusion, never seen anyone do that before on NA  :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.