Author Topic: Gentle suggestions for patch (NOT class/balance related)  (Read 435 times)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Gentle suggestions for patch (NOT class/balance related)
« on: April 29, 2011, 07:41:21 pm »
Cool patch.  The webpage looks especially nice.  These are times of change..and change can be controversial.  But it can also be very exciting.  I've got a few suggestions for small tweaks that can bring great improvements.

1. Please list on the webpage how many slots a weapon takes.  We should know this before we buy the weapon.

2. Please list item weights on the webpage...unless weight does not matter any more.

3. I think more low-tier 2-handed weapons should take 1 slot...particularly the bastard sword.  A bastard sword is designed to be used in 1 hand.  I own one, and it is the same size/weight as a normal sword, but with a grip that is 4" longer to allow a 2nd hand.

4. The new polearm thrust animation is...lacking.  Perhaps we can adjust the animation to include waist/body movement while keeping the same length and speed of the attack.  Right now only the arms move..and it looks really lifeless and fake imo (no offense to the one who created it!).

That's all! 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:51:10 pm by Garison »

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle suggestions for patch (NOT class/balance related)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 07:43:42 pm »
dbl post...

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 07:50:08 pm »
Triple post!?  I hit "quote" instead of "modify" :(
Now now one will take my suggestions seriously... :mad:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:00:55 pm by Garison »

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 09:40:59 pm »
Vargas said this: "We'll try to get item slot usage on site asap so you can actually see these."

Weights are coming too, I think the website may have been under tested just on the creators computer so they'll work on it, a patch isn't without bugs :)

I agree with the 2 handers, I'd like to see the 1/2 handed weapons only take 1 slot mainly for my own personal gain though :) Or weapons that go in a holster/hang from your hip should only take one, longbow on the back along with arrows, bastard sword/longsword on the hip. Something like that.

The polearm animation doesn't seem to be an animation, just two images, i'm sure they'll get round to it as well, I can't help since I am not a dev but you should be able to delete posts if you can edit them surely!? (Not sure, I thought you used to be able to do to so?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are