Author Topic: Steam connects to wrong CRPG account (Serial Key issue?)  (Read 475 times)

Offline furnavi

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Steam connects to wrong CRPG account (Serial Key issue?)
« on: January 17, 2013, 03:52:44 am »
Hi all, I'm trying to get my brother onto CRPG on a computer that originally held my account. Both installations are from steam, and we both have bought the game.
I've tried doing registry work with the keys, as well as uninstalling steam completely and reinstalling with my brother's account logged in as the only account for that computer, but to no avail. Each time I play CRPG on the computer with my brother's serial key, it ends up going to my CRPG account when we try to create a new character for him or play one of his already made characters. Another computer that has my brother's account on it connects to his CRPG account just fine, so I'm at a loss here.

When I check the registry as well as steam, it says on our respective computers that we have separate keys, yet both connect to my CRPG account.

Also, there may be a chance that both CRPG accounts were created under my own serial key, but I'm not even sure if the game will let me do that. I'm fairly sure that his CRPG account was created under his own serial key though.

Perhaps there is something else besides serial keys at work? Is the game sensitive to IP addresses or other things that can identify computers?

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
Re: Steam connects to wrong CRPG account (Serial Key issue?)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 05:32:14 am »
i dont think its possible to use the same key for two different accounts, im actually 100% sure.
however, crpg is a non-steam game. this means that if you start crpg, the game doesnt check the steam serial key. i think the problem is that you use one single launcher that only connects to one of your both accounts.

Offline furnavi

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 01:56:43 am »
Hey, thanks for responding!

I have now confirmed that the launcher is not the issue by re-downloading it from my brother's account (just incase it gives us different launchers with a user id depending on the user). It still does the same thing. Also, I'm fairly sure that CRPG still checks the license key as warband's key system works independently from steam (getting it from the registry).

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 08:49:53 am »
of it still doesnt work, the best thing to do is to go to irc and ask for cmp

http://forum.meleegaming.com/chat/