Author Topic: Question about 2h vrs Shielders  (Read 2385 times)

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
Re: Question about 2h vrs Shielders
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 09:32:46 pm »
I think 1h and 2h are pretty fine (allthough Scimitar really seems abit imba to me). The problem is that Pole is just OP. I got a Level 30 poler and I swear its ridiculously easy to kill off anything.

See how imbalance the stats of pole and 2h are
(click to show/hide)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 09:57:33 pm »
Just when you feel like 1h is underpowered, go to Ru_crpg ;)

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 11:00:49 pm »
1/ I've been a 1h/shielder for 7 generation and I've tried dozen of 1h (axe, mace, sword) so I think I'm better qualified than you are to tell if a weapon is OP or not. So far I didn't see any of the advantage you listed using the scimitar, sure it's fast but there are many other weapon as good for a 1 handed, just have a look at this thread 1h are pretty well balanced imo.

How do you explain then that the majority of shielders are using the scims? I can hardly imagine the Searaiders are using it for looks.

And the advantage is not stat-wise (I know there are equally fast/faster 1h) but in the flawed hitbox, which is stupid imo.

2/ Feinting with scimitar is not easier than with any other weapon with the same speed and it don't hit the head more often than any other weapon, I'm actually having much more glance when I try to hit the head than with my previous weapon: the Niuweidao.

No, ofc it's not harder to feint with a scim. It's way harder to defend against scimfeinting. The headhitting part I might agree to (since I've mostly seen it being the recieving end), but what exactly has glancing to do with this? Your point?

3/ I like to change build and weapon and as I already said I tested dozen of weapon and I'm actually testing Scimitar, what's wrong with it ?

There's nothing wrong with tesing a weapon, but the issue here is not you using it, but the weapon itself and it's weird properties.

4/ I won most of the duel I did against Casimir with other 1h so far even without shield.

So? I merely stated he was a better blocker and that you should cut the bs flaming.

5/ I won't answer to your "ugly part" as I find it quite stupid to bragg about killing a 1h (without shield) when as a polearm user you have a huge advantage (reach, stun, damage...) and you're a feint spammer yourself.

I'm not bragging about it, I called it the ugly part for a reason (I did not wish to write it), it was to give a reason for me stating that Casimir (Whom you for no reason at all lashed out at) is a better blocker. (*Moot your dirty 2h/poles are noobs who cannot block") It's just sad that you/your ego cannot take this and immedietly takes this as some kind of universal personal insult. It's my pov, and to me your ranting about all the 2h/pole "noobs" stands moot after both facing you and seeing you fight. Feel free to ignore me, it's just my opinion, but imo your rant is uncalled for and you should step off that high horse and start discussing the balance instead.

So far the only things you have said about schims is that "you like how ppl are whining about them" and that you have "not seen" any of the "advantages" I've listed.

So... Does that mean that you enjoy denying that curved weps have weird hitboxes and watching other ppl complain about it or what?

(As for the thread, yes 1h in general ARE pretty well-balanced, but this is not about item stat-balance, this is about an advantage that imo shouldn't even be there)

6/ This was never a discussion about whatever is ez mode or a flamethread  -> this is not a troll the scimitar users discussion either.

Trolling? We merely stated that it is easy to be effectve in combat by using the popular schim/huscarl combo and fenting left/overhead. You should try it! (owait...)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cutting this bs, my point is that weapons with curved blades (most notably the scims due to their design and size/speed) have unfair advantages in ghost reach/difficulty to block. Advantages which either 1: Should not be there (best solution imo), or 2: Needs to be reflected in the stats (which is a bad solution imo, but if 1 is not possible...)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 11:03:11 pm by Dezilagel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Mithlodir

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • The short answer? No!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Mith_The_Pew_Pew_Magnet
  • IRC nick: Mith
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 03:42:41 am »
Sooo many turtles...nerf shields!
(click to show/hide)

+1

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 04:25:32 am »
There are easily more 2h/pa than there are shields on na siege.  I would know, being ranged.  If there were more shields I'd have less stuff to kill. 

There really don't seem to be a ton of reasons to go shield.  You can defend against ranged, you don't have to manual block until your shield breaks at the expense of slower blocking, you can hold choke points, you can occupy multiple attackers.  It's mostly team-oriented utility stuff.  2h and PA have every advantage when it comes to actually fighting.  I think there would be more people playing shielders if the scoring system reflected something other than only kills.   

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 10:10:51 am »
For high level dedicated melee characters, the proportion is roughly like this:
32% 1h
40% 2h
28% polearms (including lancers)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 10:44:32 am »
list for successful 1h

Buy scimitar
Buy Huscarl Shield
Hold left swing for 1 second
Win

Fixed it for you.

Scimitar is a way too strong weapon for its price. You get everything you could want for 4 000 denars.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 08:12:31 pm »
Fixed it for you.

Scimitar is a way too strong weapon for its price. You get everything you could want for 4 000 denars.

Except stab.  Oh, and style

visitors can't see pics , please register or login