• Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: b0nk
Re: Crushtrough broken on EU1
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2013, 11:53:56 pm »
+1
what this change does is nerf str maulers. its p much useless to go high ps build when you can be much much faster as an agi mauler or mallet user and still get decent crushthrough not to mention still 1-2 hitting people because of the mallets relatively high damage..

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2013, 12:12:03 am »
+1
what this change does is nerf str maulers. its p much useless to go high ps build when you can be much much faster as an agi mauler or mallet user and still get decent crushthrough not to mention still 1-2 hitting people because of the mallets relatively high damage..
Shemaforash was using a +3 Mallet and still could CT with 18 STR. Remember that the Mallet couldn't CT most things before with 21 STR. Even on held.

Anyone selling a Mallet? I can take Kulins as he seems to not like his.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2013, 11:59:45 am »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

nuff said l2p guys
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2013, 12:15:42 pm »
(click to show/hide)

nuff said l2p guys
Lies! The mallet really sucks guys, honest!

Anyone selling a +3 Mallet? I REALLY want one! Come on Kulin. You keep claiming it sucks, let's see if you are actually willing to part from it.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2013, 12:37:54 pm »
(click to show/hide)

nuff said l2p guys

Old picture  :)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2013, 12:54:49 pm »
+1
Also, further testing done:
These changes is actually a BUFF to Mallet. You can now CT with it with only 18 STR instead of 24 as long as you hold it. Quickswing CT got nerfed, held CT got buffed. Me like!
I have rolled a 16/24 mallet in the past and I was able to crushthrough regularly without holds, not constantly, but still quite a lot.

Just tell me, why would a Mallet with 3 more speed over a Great Maul if you have to hold it every damn time you want to crush through? Just sell your mallet to Zapper Kulin. It is still a viable weapon, but you are not going to crush through a lot, because it is very tricky to use. If you are not going to crush through much, you might as well use a barmace which is a whole lot better.

I am wondering though, Kulin, where you got that information about damage dropping below base when held for longer than 1.1 seconds? Really want to be sure about that, because that affects my longspear considerably.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2013, 12:59:24 pm »
+1

Yeah, about 2 hours old. But, still no input to the thread as Great Maul doesn't seem to be touched with change to CT mechanic, well not in negative way.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 01:09:52 pm by Dalhi »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2013, 01:04:34 pm »
+1
I am wondering though, Kulin, where you got that information about damage dropping below base when held for longer than 1.1 seconds? Really want to be sure about that, because that affects my longspear considerably.

Check cmp's post history. Should be there somewhere

Banok a Byz since yesterday, can't be old..
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2013, 01:23:33 pm »
I have rolled a 16/24 mallet in the past and I was able to crushthrough regularly without holds, not constantly, but still quite a lot.

Just tell me, why would a Mallet with 3 more speed over a Great Maul if you have to hold it every damn time you want to crush through? Just sell your mallet to Zapper Kulin. It is still a viable weapon, but you are not going to crush through a lot, because it is very tricky to use. If you are not going to crush through much, you might as well use a barmace which is a whole lot better.

I was talking about CT'ing against most weapons and certain shields/low shield skill users. Sorry if that was unclear. CT'ing with 16 STR and a mallet on light weapons was possible before, but not against shields/heavy weapons, something which is doable now.

And I really want the Mallet. Sure, the barmace is better overall, but I prefer to have the ability to CT certain people if I got the STR for it. I've been wanting a Mallet for ages. The fact it's a relatively good CT weapon AND it's just 2 slots always made me prefer it since I hybrid a lot. I like the setup of a Mallet and Long Awlpike (or Bill), or a crossbow and mallet.

His argument that I am trying to "prove a point" with it is ridiculous. I love the mallet and I think it is still very useful. I've had the Mallet on my "wanted bought" list for ages and I still got it there. If you got a loomed mallet and want to sell it, feel free to look at my shop for any possible trades:
http://forum.meleegaming.com/selltrade/the-bluemans-baffling-blue-bazaar!-now-with-hats!/

EDIT as Kulin posted as I was writing:
However, after the CT mechanics tweak, he has "upgraded" to +3 Great maul which just proves that GM was and still is king of CT weapons.
Of COURSE the Great Maul is the king of CT weapons. That is why it is 3 slots. What's the best polearm for long stabs? Pike and Long Spear, thus they are 3 slots. Yes, the Mallet is NOT as good as the GM, but that's because it is the CT weapon for people who like to take additional weapons with them.

And Vex changing the weapon might "prove" that the GM is now the King of CT weapons, but it does in no way prove that it was. It only "proves" that the cheapass Maul (that's what it is. The cheap "peasant" CT weapon) was very usefull despite it's price.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2013, 01:38:00 pm »
Without holding attack you can not crush trough ANY weapon / shield.

I was using a +3 Mallet which I recently overpaid :)

Intended?

good, crushthrough is annoying as hell, screw crushthrough

edit: also these stealth patches from the devs is one of the reasons i did not donate to their new game ... please oh please tell us what you do when you change crpg !
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !