Author Topic: long dagger vs rondel dagger stats  (Read 808 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
long dagger vs rondel dagger stats
« on: November 22, 2013, 08:11:12 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Not lobbying one way or another here, but it appears the long dagger is superior to rondel.  I'll gladly give up 1 pierce for 2 speed and 10 length (not to mention a decent swing stat compared to no swinging unless you switch to alt mode...aka you can chamber block easier) 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
Re: long dagger vs rondel dagger stats
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 08:13:29 pm »
rondel has 26pierce swing but still, nerf long dagger!
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 08:19:28 pm »
+3
long dagger is completely useless with high agility builds, with 3-9 strength these under 30 cut swings always glance.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 08:24:07 pm »
+1
You don't even need to set the direction to use the op stab with Rondel, thats why it's still superior.
Just turn your brain off and click left. With a shield its even worse, autoblock + spam ftw.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 08:28:48 pm »
Didn't think about it's use with a shield.  As a weapon without a shield, the long seems better, since you can still chamber block.  And yes, I realize that the rondel's secondary mode is a swinging pierce damage.  I still think the long dagger seems like the better weapon.

But like I said, I wasn't lobbying one way or another, just thought the stats didn't seem to match compared up to each other.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 08:54:47 pm »
+5
Also, long dagger is waaaay sexier.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Tomas_Miles_again

• Earl
  • Renown: 317
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: None anymore
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 09:02:13 pm »
+1
Rondel is superior. Alt mode can chamber all directions, and it is pierce swing.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 09:32:11 pm »
+1
Rondel was supposed to lose his swings.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 11:54:31 am »
+2
Rondel is superior. Alt mode can chamber all directions, and it is pierce swing.
- Thomas Miles, owner of a 3+ long dagger.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tomas_Miles_again

• Earl
  • Renown: 317
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: None anymore
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 12:42:06 pm »
Without swings, rondel is worse then.

Zlisch I wouldn't mind a nerf to both the daggers, but my point was that the rondel alt mode was pretty much a budget steel pick.

And spell my name right!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 2791
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 12:53:26 pm »
+5
These daggers are fine. What's not fine is ability to use them with a shield (that shouldn't be possible because of abuse potential) and their low STR requirements. We really don't need more of those silly builds around, and if you put higher STR requirement they'll simply banish because they won't have 10+ ATH anymore. Although, even with 7 ATH and light armor I can phase in, get a strike and phase out before enemy is able to hit me.

I really don't mind those little buggers who use rondel or long dagger without a shield. But those who use a shield are retarded imho. It's a weapon meant for chamberblocking, not for punks who can't manual block for shit.

Edit: My suggestion is to rebuff both daggers to old damage and speed values but put not usable with a shield tag. We really don't need more shielders in this game, all you did since 2010. patch was buff shielders, directly or indirectly. Shielders might be historically accurate class but as long all it takes to block an attack is press or tap right button, shielder class won't be interesting to me at all. And it shouldn't be dominant.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 12:59:32 pm by Leshma »

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2013, 06:38:33 am »
+1
The worst thing about these weapons is not only their stupidly high base stats for price and tier, but not only do they gain maximum benefit from looms (unlike peasant class armour) they actually get bigger improvements- both the rondel and long dagger get +4 Pierce from max loom! Long dagger also receives the standard +3 cut at the same time!

No other melee weapon benefits this much from looms, and the weapons already have poorly thought out stats to begin with. Imagine the QQ fest if other stab-based weapons like espada, side sword, awlpike or estoc got +4 pierce at max loom? We'd never hear the end of it.

Even with the superior loom bonus, people will most often take a "real" weapon over a dagger. The extremely short reach and lack of manual blocking is a deal breaker.

I have used +3 Long Dagger and Rondel, and I preferred the long dagger. Having to switch between weapon modes to stab or swing negates the attack speed that these weapons have vs a slower weapon. It's tedious and got me killed many times when a quick feint and change of direction would have helped me. I always used them with 6+ PS, so the cut swings are actually viable attacks.

The dagger/shield extreme agi builds are annoying and anachronistic. Changing the attack stats on daggers will not "ruin" these builds unless the daggers are nerfed to the point of never being used by anyone ever.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 04:42:23 pm »
+1
What i hate about thoses weapons, is the cost/effectiveness ratio.

It's the best weapon to leech/troll/kill, all combined in one weapon.

Putting a "not usable with shield" would indeed solve the problem, since it'd be way harder for them to get an "easy" kill.
I wouldn't mind keeping them as it is, but then increasing their price, for balance purpose. (and adding 3 STR requirements, for no 13 shield skill)
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 08:38:30 pm »
1 hand stab buff was just so good that it made a 600 gold weapon better than anything else at that price range. The stab is too good still imo
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 08:41:12 pm »
They can't block, so why make them usable with shield? I think the weapons are deserving of good stats as long as they can't block. Right now, they're just watered down scottish swords.