Author Topic: Current changes on purpose?  (Read 655 times)

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
Current changes on purpose?
« on: January 09, 2013, 11:19:56 pm »
+3
Now for some ranged QQ:

- Jumpshooting (with xbows and bows) and according to ingame chat also Jumpthrowing has been nerfed/removed.

- Reloading an xbow can not be started directly after landing after jumping, there is a small delay which was not there before.

- Moving at the end of the reload sequence of an xbow was possible until now, gets interrupted earlier than before.

- Maybe just a personal thing but I think that projectiles have a tendency to go to the right somehow, realized that especially today.

Up to now I thought all changes, also the weight increase of xbows & bolts, were pretty much ok. These changes kinda suck, the reload sequence, which was always the same, is longer now because you cannot start as early as you want sometimes and have to finish later.

I dont really care much about the jumpshooting as its retarded anyway, but why only remove that but still allow jumpslashing in plate armor. The melee double hit is also pretty stupid but if anybody gets a bonus out of this its STR builds, another indirect way of telling ranged: Fuck you.
So all in all, I dont like it. Gameplay for me was shit today, maybe some other ranged players can share experience?

And ofc all 2h/Pole/etc... go and put a - to this topic and make sure to leave a post that includes a random combination of the following words (because I know you cannot leave this thread without doing it):
Ranged, QQ, bundle of sticks, Coward, Gay, stfu, ban, nerf, buff 2h, lol, rofl

Regards

Grumpy_Nic

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
Re: Current changes on purpose?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 11:29:37 pm »
+6
And ofc all 2h/Pole/etc... go and put a - to this topic and make sure to leave a post that includes a random combination of the following words (because I know you cannot leave this thread without doing it):

Comeon dude.... that is not fair at all. I cant remove it, what am i suposed to do!? :(

I might aswell go all the way then... Ranged, QQ, bundle of sticks, Coward, Gay, stfu, ban, nerf, buff 2h, lol, rofl.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:38:31 pm by _GTX_ »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 12:23:49 am »
- Maybe just a personal thing but I think that projectiles have a tendency to go to the right somehow, realized that especially today.

This is most often due a slight to desync between you and the server.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1801
  • Infamy: 2704
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 12:30:03 am »
+2
Meh who cares about ranged changes. Melee has been ruined today...

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 12:37:59 am »

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 01:32:18 am »
Is it just me, or do you now drop ALL your weapons when dying? If so, that is a really good thing imo.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 03:02:00 am »
+1
lol
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Nazurdin

• Earl
  • Renown: 309
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Faridah_HRE, Rotkappchen_HRE, Frida_von_Krems
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 08:50:35 am »
+1
ROFL gay qq thread. Ban all ranged cowards or nerf them to hell lol (I'm not even 2h).   :mrgreen:

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 08:52:20 am »
my fault, how could I expect that anybody would take anything serious if it got something to do with ranged. The only thing thats possible in crpg is QQing because ranged is OP

If anything happens to melee the forum is bursting with people complaining. If you dont want ranged to be in the game just remove arrows, bolts and throwables and everybody can go 2h/Pole and be a kuyak hero.

This constant whining about ranged brought many changes. Ladders were removed to take away safe spots for ranged, invisible walls were put on all kinds of roofs on which people were able to jump without ladders. Everything has been done in order to make ranged more vulnerable to cav, flanking inf and shielders. If there is any cliff in any map - you'll find archers and xbows climbing there because they are somewhat safe from cav there, so I guess its just a matter of time until the big QQ about this starts and invisible walls are put there too.

From my point of view before the last change the game was very fun to play and also pretty balanced. I got pwnd pretty often and I was able to do a fairly good job with my xbow. But I guess there will be another nerf sooner or later instead.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 10:09:36 am »
In case of update, please refer to my avatar.

Then play a bit more, get sort of used to it, and say... actually it was not that bad... (most of the times, some changes are still retarded after a long time)

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 10:18:40 am »
my fault, how could I expect that anybody would take anything serious if it got something to do with ranged.

Indeed, how did you expect that anybody would take a ranged issue serious ?

A look at the history of ranged nerfs makes it pretty clear that devs dont want ranged to be anything more than a decorative element/gimmick in this game. Obvious bugs like ghost arrows are still not fixed. nerf 100 % and buff 50 % right away as a "compensation" patch over patch.

Up to this point I was still somewhat convinced that devs were actually trying to balance ranged and are simply not able to get it right. After the reveal of M:BG though it all makes sense. They need funding. Since there is a larger percentage of meleeplayers/people who QQ about ranged they naturally nerf the classes that are potentially capable of making those moneybags meleeplayers GTXting the mod and thereby losing purchasing power. Then M:BG comes out, after a few months everyone has forgotten the old cRPG nerf policy, devs are rich ... profit.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 10:42:21 am »
Indeed, how did you expect that anybody would take a ranged issue serious ?

A look at the history of ranged nerfs makes it pretty clear that devs dont want ranged to be anything more than a decorative element/gimmick in this game. Obvious bugs like ghost arrows are still not fixed. nerf 100 % and buff 50 % right away as a "compensation" patch over patch.

Up to this point I was still somewhat convinced that devs were actually trying to balance ranged and are simply not able to get it right. After the reveal of M:BG though it all makes sense. They need funding. Since there is a larger percentage of meleeplayers/people who QQ about ranged they naturally nerf the classes that are potentially capable of making those moneybags meleeplayers GTXting the mod and thereby losing purchasing power. Then M:BG comes out, after a few months everyone has forgotten the old cRPG nerf policy, devs are rich ... profit.

I dont think that the purpose of these changes is to make money. But in the meanwhile I do think that whoever makes these changes just listens to the amount of QQ in the forums and pulls of random shit changes. I kinda get the feeling that a good amount of dedicated ranged players know where their limits are (therefore not much QQ about melee) but the majority of the melee players think that they should be superior to ranged at all times (therefore constant QQ about ranged).

It would be really interersting for me to know if the people who bring these "patches" up even play. And if yes, who played ranged and when. This question is serious, its not supposed to sound sarcastic or something like that, I just would like to know.