Author Topic: What is a good build 4 a 1hded shelder/hoplite  (Read 563 times)

Offline Retardo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
What is a good build 4 a 1hded shelder/hoplite
« on: January 20, 2013, 05:19:01 pm »
Im using a war spear and a 1hded axe but my war spear is useless what is a build that boath my weapons can be useful  and what spear is better are is a sword or a sheild better 4 this build. What is a good build 4 it
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 05:26:54 pm by Retardo »

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
Re: What is a good build 4 a 1hded shelder/hoplite
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 06:03:43 pm »
+1
War spear is a useless hoplite weapon. http://forum.meleegaming.com/guides/the-sword-and-spear-way-hoplites-guide/msg562176/#msg562176

If you still feel like using it along with a shield, 18/18 or 21/15. Put 1h wpf to 100-110, rest in the polearms.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 06:10:05 pm »
24/15, warspear, huscarl => top of the scoreboard. its one of the best hoplite weapons as you can fight close quarter with it and when your shield breaks, you can just spam the shit out of the enemy.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 07:20:11 pm »
+3
Personally I prefer light lance for hoplites if you're going to have one hand proficiency as well. Try 15/21 or 18/21, max out wm ps and ath. with your remaining points put 4 or so in shield and it you have any left toss them into IF or max out your shield. 7 why will allow you to be more mobile and with speed bonus you'll hit your enemies hard with 5 or 6 ps. take a trusty sidearm for close quarters like grosse messer or italion falchion and you'll do fine.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 01:45:46 pm »
+1
Are you NA or EU?
If you are NA i would go with 21/15 build: max ath, max  shield, max ps, max wm, rest IF.
Wy? Because NA mobility is a bit slower, in my experience, then EU.
If you are EU I would go with 18/18 build: max ath, max shield, max ps, max wm, rest IF.

I also play 18/21 hoplite without 1h wpf and IF and i must say the 1 extra ath & shield isnt worth it, no IF makes yout VERY vurlnerable as a hoplite cause people will spam your ass and you have a good chance of glancing at close range, getting hit with it.

Also depending on map i'd say use warspear for "close(r)quarter(ed)" maps and use Ashwood for more open maps. Sure it drops when you switch to your 1h but that way it also increases your movement speed, since hoplites will most of the time draw their 1h when theyre outnumbered and/or without teammates this can actually work with you.

Shield is optional, ive used huscarls to knightly kites to steel plated and they all work, in 1v1 its all about timing.

Hope it helped a bit.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 01:52:33 pm by Joseph_Porta »
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™