Author Topic: Hero Party preparing item bomb cheat?  (Read 1741 times)

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
Re: Hero Party preparing item bomb cheat?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 05:05:28 pm »
Why are there all these bullshit responses but no one asking what the 650,000 crates actually are?

(Or ya know attack someone for a joke so they're stuck with 1000000000000000stones til they can get to a fief and sell them..)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 05:20:38 pm »
+6
It doesn't matter, there's a 00.1% chance that what he's carrying isn't a 0 gold item on strategus, I'd say a 0% chance but he's BADPLAYER and probably would spend millions of gold just to carry 650k crates.

Anyway, there needs to be a 1 gold cost on those items, or maybe a cap on how many you can carry.  Regardless of what Smoothrich says,  650,000 crates can't be used for any more than item bombing:

(Or ya know attack someone for a joke so they're stuck with 1000000000000000stones til they can get to a fief and sell them..)

So, unless he's carrying 650,000 crates of trade goods there's only one thing for him to do, and he's obviously going to be building a wall with all of those stones.  That's what I would do, free construction material, just get some desert slaves and a few camels for cheap labor.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 05:31:18 pm »
+1
Anyway, there needs to be a 1 gold cost on those items, or maybe a cap on how many you can carry.  Regardless of what Smoothrich says,  650,000 crates can't be used for any more than item bombing:

Item bombing is a different thing, this is just slowing people down with crates. Item bombing is abusing the poorly implemented features of warband not allowed you to select equipment if you have too many items. This is just weighing someone down with a bunch of crates of just millions of a couple items, not many different ones(admittedly with 0gold items, however there has not been any ruling against buying them so you have to assume at this point it isn't a bug that they are 0gold instead of 1gold) which is utilizing the Strategus mechanics in a good way in my opinion.

Either way it's not a big deal, I doubt I am actually going to attack anyone it's just i'm less likely to be attacked this way in a kind of ironic way, since everyone knows all my crates are trash items. More safe than travelling "unarmed".

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 07:47:06 pm »
+10
Item bombing is abusing the poorly implemented features of warband not allowed you to select equipment if you have too many items.
This is abusing the poorly implemented features of Strategus not allowing you to drop equipment you do not want. Really pretty much the same principle.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 07:59:39 pm »
This is abusing the poorly implemented features of Strategus not allowing you to drop equipment you do not want. Really pretty much the same principle.

People have done it before. Send out groups of "Caravans" armed with a large amount of...junk to get people to attack them so they can be chased easily later or so that they miss the real caravans.

I see nothing wrong with it. If he attacks you, and you win(undoubtably), you will get 1 hour of freetime and can easily start your way to a fief before someone else can attack you.

You won't attack him because there's no point going for over 9000 stones, so he also makes an excellent scout. Slow, but he gets near immunity cause taking that gear is useless.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 08:02:54 pm »
People have done it before. Send out groups of "Caravans" armed with a large amount of...junk to get people to attack them so they can be chased easily later or so that they miss the real caravans.

I see nothing wrong with it. If he attacks you, and you win(undoubtably), you will get 1 hour of freetime and can easily start your way to a fief before someone else can attack you.

You won't attack him because there's no point going for over 9000 stones, so he also makes an excellent scout. Slow, but he gets near immunity cause taking that gear is useless.

Their fault if they'll attack him.

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 08:11:08 pm »

But this is something that can be easily changed and hasn't been, you can't fix that item bomb bug (atleast not easily?).

It's intended that you aren't able to drop equipment in strategus.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 08:14:39 pm »
+2
Their fault if they'll attack him.

Except he can attack them in the open and have the same effect.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 08:26:46 pm »
Except he can attack them in the open and have the same effect.

If he'll attack them then they must move at an incredibly slow speed or be braindead if he manages to catch up to them.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 09:55:43 pm »
+2
If he'll attack them then they must move at an incredibly slow speed or be braindead if he manages to catch up to them.

Or he attacks during work hours when they cant access strategus. 
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 10:07:30 pm »
Or he attacks during work hours when they cant access strategus.

Why would you not have issued any commands at all before you went offline?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 10:39:01 pm »
+4
This would be a nice way to transport valuable goods and hide it in a mess of stones, so no one ever attacks you.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 01:32:55 am »
+9
It's a damn stupid feature, but either intended or abysmally low on the dev's plate to fix.

However, there really was no reason for such rudeness from everyone. Turbo didn't even accuse you of anything in the OP, he's just like "yo, why're you running around with that shit, is it item bombing lol?"

It isn't an absolutely out of left field thing to ask, is it? If ANY faction were rather opposed to us and I saw that shit myself, I'd be inclined to make a thread myself. You've got to get out of the mentality that you're being "targeted" because of your clan. You're no more or less likely to be targeted than anyone else. Do you REALLY think that Kesh is immune to such a thing, for example? Hell no, Kesh is more of a potential target for this kind of a thread than you guys.

Now, the puerto rican comment from turbo may have been inappropriate (although I laughed my damn ass off from it, that makes me a bigoted racist, right? Yeah, I think it does, somebody call 911), but so are the several comments made to turbo before that. Comon, there's no need to be so damn rude to eachother. I'm not trying to be a Kirby here and say "STAHP ALL THE MEAN SENTENCES PLS" but seriously, all that had to be done was "there is ______ in my inventory"

That's all.

If you didn't want to tell him, you could have said "I ain't telling you, it's a secret"

Not all of this bullshit elementary name-calling and bundle of sticksry. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 01:37:34 am by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 11:50:06 am »
+1
There is 1 million stones and 100k tradegoods in Badplayers inventory.

Happy?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.