Author Topic: Multiplier change when skipping a round  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Multiplier change when skipping a round
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 01:43:54 pm »
whats wrong in current xp system? everyone wanna get that much xp that he deservet to get, right?but we have this atm cuz valour сan be given to guys who are usefull...  are we need changes in something?

i always say: do not fix what is not broken...

Only thing broken in the current system in my eyes is that is punishes you very hard if you need to do something irl and go afk for few minutes. But hey, since you are not playing, you shouldnt get anything anyways, right?  Dunno, would be cool if you could skip like one round without losing multi, but on the other hand, if this happened, i would not be able to leave the servers even more than now.

Sitting on multi, then phonecall, multi lost = i go do something else, or keep playing, depending on mood. The proximity based XP that was here before the multi system was flawed. No doubt about that. Just wait to see what the devs come up with and then we can bitch  :mrgreen:

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 04:01:16 pm »
The Valor system was a good idea, but it's too Boolean:
-Player A has x5, gets 90 points one round, gets valor but team loses. Has x5 next round
-Player B has x5, gets 89 points the same round, doesn't get valor and team loses. Has x1 next round

Extrapolate this behavior over a whole generation, and Player A may end up with 25% more gold/XP than Player B, for being 1% better at the game.

Something more progressive (so a good round still gives you a reward even if you don't get valor), that still allows newbies to gain XP/gold is all we need. I think it should be a combination of difficulty+objective based. i.e. kill a really good player near the flag in siege, get a bunch of gold and XP. Kill a peasant in his spawn, get nada.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 06:43:27 pm »
The Valor system was a good idea, but it's too Boolean:
-Player A has x5, gets 90 points one round, gets valor but team loses. Has x5 next round
-Player B has x5, gets 89 points the same round, doesn't get valor and team loses. Has x1 next round

Extrapolate this behavior over a whole generation, and Player A may end up with 25% more gold/XP than Player B, for being 1% better at the game.

Something more progressive (so a good round still gives you a reward even if you don't get valor), that still allows newbies to gain XP/gold is all we need. I think it should be a combination of difficulty+objective based. i.e. kill a really good player near the flag in siege, get a bunch of gold and XP. Kill a peasant in his spawn, get nada.

afaik valor is given to people with 2xavg score of the team, so this extrapolation would have to be terribly unlucky

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 06:53:58 pm »
afaik valor is given to people with 2xavg score of the team, so this extrapolation would have to be terribly unlucky
It's not that uncommen, just yesterday I had 26 points on EU_4, Faramir had something slightly above or bellow me, someone else had 24 points, me and Faramir get valor.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 08:01:27 am »
It's not that uncommen, just yesterday I had 26 points on EU_4, Faramir had something slightly above or bellow me, someone else had 24 points, me and Faramir get valor.

teamhits doesnt count toward valor, once a guy with 34 score got valor and me with 36 didnt, he just thed someone hence lower pts display (at least i think)

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 09:32:01 am »
I don't have too many problems with the current multi system but I do think that it could be improved where it is more influenced by how YOU perform compared to now where it is dependant on your teammates.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 09:43:29 am by Nazgull »
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 09:37:29 am »
+1
indeed, i like the permanent x5 on siege if HRE joins :)

but indeed, xp should be related to score (and score to lvl and generation)

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 09:48:47 am »
Yes, and what (I think) is a possible way to reward teamplay without being completely dependant on said teammates, is to reward a player in near a teammate if said player has helped (or attempted to help) the teammate e.g Laying down suppresing arrows, taking hits for the teammate, or even just trying distracting the enemy player.
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 03:03:58 pm »
I say reward personal skill more then just team.
In a team of 50 ppl you are not gonna try your fucking best to score since the outcome is sort of random because the influence you have on winning the round is 1/50.
Though, if personal score effects your reward, you are more motivated to survive, and do your best to play (which is good for your team).

I noticed the valour system motivated me, i can get valour 30-50% of the rounds if i try, so that motivates me to do the best i can for my team. For a lot of players valour is far away, but rewarding them for what they do will still boost their effort.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login