Author Topic: Steam Users  (Read 234 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Steam Users
« on: December 16, 2012, 06:48:31 pm »
+1
I'm trying to help stomp out some of the complaints I hear on the boards and in game. While there are literally dozens and dozens of variables that can affect your experience, I wanted to post this common one that the inexperienced may not be aware of.
If you have Steam open (not necessarily running c-rpg) you may have this situation. Randomly while playing, you will experience high ping, stutters, animation hanging and then speeding to catch up, etc.

Here is what to look for to make certain that you are not experiencing this extremely common problem.

Open steam and go to your library. For every game that you have installed, right click on it and choose properties. Click on the update tab. Click the drop down under automatic updates and pick Do not Automatically update this game. Again, do this for every game you have, and whenever you install a new one.

If you share an internet connection with family members, make certain that they do the same thing on their machines as well.

Hopefully several of you will reduce the instances where you experience your *lag* issues.

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login