Author Topic: Effect of weapon proficiency on lance couching  (Read 956 times)

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
Effect of weapon proficiency on lance couching
« on: December 10, 2012, 11:49:21 am »
+1
What effect does weapon proficiency (polearm) have on couching?
I am interested in going high agi cav with a couch only lance (Great Lance) and I would prefer to go 1h instead of polearm but if the affect of wpf on couching is significant then I may have to reconsider.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 01:53:46 am by Shaksie »
VERY nice boy :)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Affect of weapon proficiency on lance couching
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 07:47:12 pm »
+3
WPF does affect the damage you do with a couched lance (as does power strike), but the great lance is so strong that I wouldn't worry about putting points into polearm WPF if you're only using the great lance and no other polearms on foot. 

I'd suggest getting 2 shield skill minimum (or 4 if you have the points for it) because you won't be able to cancel your couched attack without a shield (so you're stuck holding it for 8 seconds and have to wait another 8 for it to recover).  When I use the great lance, there's lots of times I start the couch and 2 seconds later realize I'm not gonna be in line to hit my target and cancel it, then I only have to wait 2 seconds for it to reset, rather than having had to wait another 6 before it finishes and then 8 for the cool down.

There's some decent 2 skill shields you can use on horseback that would be good for projectiles, allow you to cancel your couch and allow you to take a couched lance and still keep on riding.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Shaksie

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 06:22:58 am »
WPF does affect the damage you do with a couched lance (as does power strike), but the great lance is so strong that I wouldn't worry about putting points into polearm WPF if you're only using the great lance and no other polearms on foot. 

I'd suggest getting 2 shield skill minimum (or 4 if you have the points for it) because you won't be able to cancel your couched attack without a shield (so you're stuck holding it for 8 seconds and have to wait another 8 for it to recover).  When I use the great lance, there's lots of times I start the couch and 2 seconds later realize I'm not gonna be in line to hit my target and cancel it, then I only have to wait 2 seconds for it to reset, rather than having had to wait another 6 before it finishes and then 8 for the cool down.

There's some decent 2 skill shields you can use on horseback that would be good for projectiles, allow you to cancel your couch and allow you to take a couched lance and still keep on riding.

Oh cool, thanks man.

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 06:01:47 am »
+3
What effect does weapon proficiency (polearm) have on couching?
I am interested in going high agi cav with a couch only lance (Great Lance) and I would prefer to go 2h instead of polearm but if the affect of wpf on couching is significant then I may have to reconsider.
Thanks.

I salute you for your interest in being a Great Lancer like myself! I also recommend getting 2 points in shield just incase. You can stop your couch by pressing x again btw.

Offline Shaksie

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 01:19:52 am »
+1
I salute you for your interest in being a Great Lancer like myself! I also recommend getting 2 points in shield just incase. You can stop your couch by pressing x again btw.
:)
But shields are yucky.
I must go 21/15 glance/2h cav with steppe horse!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 02:36:54 am by Shaksie »