Author Topic: General Rules  (Read 343 times)

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
General Rules
« on: December 10, 2012, 02:38:14 pm »
Got mugged for trading in clan town without permission - cant see anywhere in FAQs/dummies where this is mentioned.

Can someone post brief list of unwritten rules, etiquette etc or point me in its direction?

ta

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
Re: General Rules
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 02:51:17 pm »
There is no such thing at the moment. Just as there is no list of fixed rules for Strategus. Someting to be rectified, I believe.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 03:21:20 pm »
You can speak with the fief owner through teamspeak before trading. You can also get information about the environment if there are bandits etc. Its important to speak with the fief owner before trading because many clans has closed borders, which means they will attack anyone from the outside of the clan or ally. There are also no rules about attacking, anyone is free to attack anyone they want.

Probably you've been kicked out of a fief by the owner due to Supply&Demand concerns. For example we Mercs, kick out "factionless" players or players from opposing factions out of our fiefs in the northern part of out territories, but we allow everyone to trade in southern part (Dhirim area) as far as I know Druzhina also allows factionless players to trade in the desert area. Still, they cannot speak for the actions of the other players, which means you can get attacked by the other factionless players in the free trading areas. Unless you are a member of an allying faction which means the friendly faction will protect you in the area.

It all depends on your diplomacy and sometimes thickness of your pocket. Don't go into an area without talking with a clan leader or trading officer. Calradia is an hostile environment.
Check diplomacy section for border policies. http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 04:37:34 pm »
Strat does need an ingame mechanic that allows fief owners to specify whether they are open for trade or not.

But this could help in the meantime if you're NA.
http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/strat-4-na-border-policy-list/
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE