Author Topic: Build question  (Read 593 times)

Offline Doppel

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Build question
« on: December 08, 2012, 08:26:50 pm »
What do you think of this hybrid build?

One Handed:106
Two Handed:1
Polearm:1
Throwing:129
Crossbow:1
Archery:1

Weapon Master:6
Athletics:2
Riding:5
Iron Flesh:0
Shield:5
Horse Archery:0
Power Strike:6
Power Draw:0
Power Throw:5

I don't want to throw on horseback, I want do be a 1h/thrower infantry guy with light armor with the ability to play as 1h cav.
Du you think that 2 ath or 5 shield is too low?

Thanks for the answers!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 08:35:25 pm by Doppel »

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
Re: Build question
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 08:59:47 pm »
+1
3 riding get a rouncey and put more in ath ull be damn slow even with low weight gear to avoid wpf penaly
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline funybox

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 10:15:03 pm »
It looks fine, but from my experience, you don't need nearly as much points into throwing. I only have 13 throwing and I do fine. But I mostly get headshots. I'm also mostly 2h, so I can't put too much into anything else because it's easy to screw up, so I don't know. I'm planning to get up to 30 throwing and stick with that. Looks great though.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 12:38:44 am »
It looks fine, but from my experience, you don't need nearly as much points into throwing. I only have 13 throwing and I do fine. But I mostly get headshots. I'm also mostly 2h, so I can't put too much into anything else because it's easy to screw up, so I don't know. I'm planning to get up to 30 throwing and stick with that. Looks great though.
What? Are you talking about having 13 throwing wpf? Because that isn't good.

You need a minimum ammount of wpf per PT or PD. If you don't have it, you get a message saying your wpf isn't high enough. Do you get that? Because what that does is decreasing your PD/PT to what you have wpf for.

Say you got 10 PT, but only wpf for 5. That means, even though you have 10 PT, you will only get the bonuses of 5 PT. Got that?

Also, armour also affects the wpf used to calculate if you got enough wpf.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 07:32:02 pm »
+1
Looks like you have an 18/15 build, so you have 2 extra attributes and a few extra skill points not being used, you should plan for a level 30 build, and use a character calculator:  http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm

I'd only go 4 shield (the 5 skill shields are not useable on horseback for the most part) and the elite cavalry shield/knightly heater shield, and knightly kite shield (think that's the name) are all great 4 skill shields.  2 and 4 shield skill is what I recommend for anyone who will be using a shield from horseback. 

Also, 2 athletics is too low, as a hybrid cavalry lancer/1h/shield user I would suggest the following build (looks like you only want/need 5 riding/15 agility so I'll have you go 21/15 at level 30):

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 21
    Agility: 15
    Hit points: 56

Skills to attributes: 2

Power Strike: 7
    Shield: 2
    Athletics: 5
    Riding: 5
    Power Throw: 5
    Weapon Master: 5

5 athletics is pretty good for athletics, 2 shield skill isn't very good, but will protect you pretty well against projectiles (try not to use it very much for taking melee hits)

Actually this build is pretty fucking terrible now that I look at it.  I can't really give you a solid build because you're not going to have enough athletics, or not going to have enough shield skill to be able to max out power strike and still have 5 riding, throwing and WM.  People typically convert 2 skills to attributes at level 30 to get a strength and agility divisible by 3 otherwise you'd be 1 attribute short of being divisible by 3 in one category), but in your case, I'd recommend converting 2 attributes to skills so you have enough skills to go around (you're going to have extras, so I suggested putting into Iron Flesh)

Maybe try this build:

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 18
    Agility: 15
    Hit points: 63

Attributes to skills: 2

Ironflesh: 5
    Power Strike: 6
    Shield: 4
    Athletics: 5
    Riding: 5
    Power Throw: 5