Poll

what is the best onehanded cav weapon?

(elite)scimitar
sarranid cavalry sword
morningstar
longsword
something else

Author Topic: best onehanded cavalry weapon?  (Read 5313 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: best onehanded cavalry weapon?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 07:34:47 pm »
its -25% damage and -25% speed when using a 2h in 1h mode. on horseback a 2h with shield it uses 1h wpf, whereas without shield it uses 2h wpf.

so there is no advantage to using the heavy bastard sword over a saranid cav sword, unless you have higher 2h wpf than 1h and plan on swinging without a shield. since the 2h will be slower and do less damage than the 1h.

personally I dislike how overpowered 1h and lances are on horseback, like how shields can block 360 degrees on horseback. 2h are at such disadvantage its a shame since it could be a whole new interesting playstyle if it was more viable.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 07:45:26 pm »
its -25% damage and -25% speed when using a 2h in 1h mode. on horseback a 2h with shield it uses 1h wpf, whereas without shield it uses 2h wpf.

so there is no advantage to using the heavy bastard sword over a saranid cav sword, unless you have higher 2h wpf than 1h and plan on swinging without a shield. since the 2h will be slower and do less damage than the 1h.

personally I dislike how overpowered 1h and lances are on horseback, like how shields can block 360 degrees on horseback. 2h are at such disadvantage its a shame since it could be a whole new interesting playstyle if it was more viable.

Mmh... there are some interesting and original options :
(click to show/hide)

Chosen for their different weapon types.

A vaegir-knight like char with a bardiche must be uber scary :D Add a courser and you got an instakill machine.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 09:31:14 pm »
I read Warband's instruction. -35% to dmg. Not sure about speed, so let's stay with -25% to speed.

Bardiche:

swing damage 43-35%~~28, cut
spd rtng 91-25%~~68
Length: 102

Sarranid Cavalry Sword:

swing damage 33, cut
thrust damage 19 pierce
spd rtng 95
weapon length 105

Bardiche isn't scary from horseback...

And don't change it. As it says in instruction: reason why they made it like that (devs of game) are:
- you can use 2h weapons with 1h only, it would be stupid if you could swing it and use it with same power and speed...

From me: it is also to balance things out, if 2h would be such great weapons from horseback, there wouldn't be almost NO reason to use 1h except if you can't manual block and/or you are scared of ranged. even then, 1 slot for shield isn't too much...

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 10:09:58 pm »
I read Warband's instruction. -35% to dmg. Not sure about speed, so let's stay with -25% to speed.

Bardiche:

swing damage 43-35%~~28, cut
spd rtng 91-25%~~68
Length: 102

Sarranid Cavalry Sword:

swing damage 33, cut
thrust damage 19 pierce
spd rtng 95
weapon length 105

Bardiche isn't scary from horseback...

And don't change it. As it says in instruction: reason why they made it like that (devs of game) are:
- you can use 2h weapons with 1h only, it would be stupid if you could swing it and use it with same power and speed...

From me: it is also to balance things out, if 2h would be such great weapons from horseback, there wouldn't be almost NO reason to use 1h except if you can't manual block and/or you are scared of ranged. even then, 1 slot for shield isn't too much...

My point was that bardiche was scary, not especially better than anything else. I like fitting styles and discovering new ones  :mrgreen:

The only true pro of the bardiche is that I think it's the longest bonus vs shield weapon usable on horseback. Not really important :D
As a side note, nobody uses it so many people will do errors/underestimate it.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 02:57:02 pm »
Purely for cav? A Sarrading Cavalry Sword, hands down. Reach is key. On foot i'd prefer a normal Scimitar.

I chose my Elite Scimitar as a compromise between those two swords. I almost went with the normal Scimitar, though. With a base speed 101 and a low price, it's a fantastic blade. But i already was used to a 100 range 1h.

If i would start over, i'd probably try to get used to the normal Scimitar.