Author Topic: Picking armor out for my build, need help  (Read 1001 times)

Offline brockssn

• Baron
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Picking armor out for my build, need help
« on: November 30, 2012, 04:07:40 pm »
I wanted to pick out the most optimal armor/weight ratio so I move my fastest possible while still having good armor and it be profitable (repair costs not too high). Over time I have found out by trial and error that this seems like a good fit for me, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to calculate it so I can be precise? Any suggestions?

So this is what I wear:

Barbutte
Heraldic Mail with Tabard
Wisby Gauntlets
Mail Chausses

Long Espada Eslavona
Huscarl Shield

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: Picking armor out for my build, need help
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 04:23:30 pm »
+3
if you want to min/max weight,upkeep/armor,  look into the sarranid guard armor with either heavier gauntlets for high protection,  but also higher costs,  or mail gauntlets,  who have a slightly better ratio than wisbys.

but seriously,  it aint about optimal stats,  just take what you like lookwise and is about right considering weight imo
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 05:52:13 pm »
All Heraldic Mails got good stats, both for weight, armor and their upkeep. Heraldic Mail with Tabard is the best choice of these. If you want it a little bit heaver, Sarranid Guard Armor or any Kuyak is the way to go. At that upkeep range there also many other nice armors.

Rest is fine as well, though you picked the best 1h and best shield. That's a high upkeep then as there are many 1h swords for half the price with similar stats.  :mrgreen:

but if you like the stuff, keep it!
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline brockssn

• Baron
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 182
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 07:46:47 pm »
All Heraldic Mails got good stats, both for weight, armor and their upkeep. Heraldic Mail with Tabard is the best choice of these. If you want it a little bit heaver, Sarranid Guard Armor or any Kuyak is the way to go. At that upkeep range there also many other nice armors.

Rest is fine as well, though you picked the best 1h and best shield. That's a high upkeep then as there are many 1h swords for half the price with similar stats.  :mrgreen:

but if you like the stuff, keep it!

Thanks for the info guys. Yes the LEE and huscarl are worth the upkeep though, nothing even compares to these IMO.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 03:34:37 am »
+2
LEE is best 1h sword? What are you guys smoking?

Yeah, it's a good sword, but so are Italian, Long Arming, Arabian Cavalry sword too.

Or if you want the best when it comes to efficiency relative to price: The "Sword" sword. 28c, 24p, 99 speed and 95 length for only 3k.

The difference between the expensive and the cheap 1h swords are small. Really, really small. Most of the "top" 1h really isn't worth the money. The blunt and pierce weapons, for sure  (I love me some military hammer), but not the swords.

So if you use a 1h sword and need to decrease the repairs, just lower your sword. Remember: you can always pick up another weapon, but not armour. Picking up a MW italian or LEE costs you nothing.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 11:04:07 pm »
Picking up a MW italian or LEE costs you nothing.

False, if you play too long with it, you will pay repairs.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 01:41:17 am »
+2
False, if you play too long with it, you will pay repairs.
False.

The only way to get repairs on something is by spawning with it. You don't repair others weapons.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 02:03:53 am »
Don't specify on one weapon. In battle the LEE is a good choice because of it's lenght, but basically all swords with ~100 lenght are a good choice. In Siege even the short sword is a good weapon if you know how to use it.
(i use a MW arabian guard sword in battle and a short arming sword/broad short sword in siege)

The 1h class also has the biggest diversity of all weapon classes so choosing just one weapon is a waste of potential and fun.
That said i'd still prefer to see a new LEE user rather then another steel pick/military hammer/NCS/whatever user...

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 02:17:59 am »
+1
False.

The only way to get repairs on something is by spawning with it. You don't repair others weapons.

Then they have changed that. Which is good.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 03:51:52 am »
Then they have changed that. Which is good.
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure you never payed repairs for other peoples stuff, it just said you did.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 06:34:19 am »
+2
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure you never payed repairs for other peoples stuff, it just said you did.
It did, but that was only when you picked something up and then spawned with it next round. You could get the "x has been repaired for Y gold", but it didn't take your money UNLESS you happened to own that item yourself. And loomed items not being the same as unloomed, made it a cost free t pick up loomed items and use them the other rounds. Which is the main reason we can't do that anymore.