Author Topic: Tips on my build (To be specific: wpf)  (Read 505 times)

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
Tips on my build (To be specific: wpf)
« on: December 03, 2012, 04:22:06 pm »
I am going for a 21/24 build on my 34-main. 7PS, 8 ATH and 8 WM. 2h mainly

Since i never really played around with 1h or pole-hybrids  or high-agi, i need your expert-opinions.
Max wpf i could put into 2h would be 175. I usually had around 150-160 and was doing great. First of all: Will i actually notice a difference? Especially with slow weapons like the flamberge for example. 160 is imo enough, but if the difference is huge i might as well go full 2h.
If you can surely answer question one with a "no": I am using a long spear very often, will i notice a difference between 1wpf (which is enough for this weapon, especially with 8 ath) and like, say, 50??

And then there's still more wpf to cover: long spear + 2h (Langes Messer, sickle, fighting axe) is not as effective as long spear +1h (Warhammer and shit...), so i thought about splitting between pole and 1h.

Anyway, comes down to those choices:

175wpf in 2h
160wpf in 2h, 97 1h/pole
160wpf in 2h, 71 in 1h and 70 in pole

1,2 or 3, which option will it be?

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Tips on my build (To be specific: wpf)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 04:36:11 pm »
+1
If you plan to use both 1h and pole sometimes and more often, I'd go with the third option. I usually put at least 100 wpf in a weapon if I wanna use it as sidearm, like crossbower with 1h or 2h. But 70+ is enough as well imo. I don't think there is too much difference if it comes down to 70 or 100. the bigger difference starts once you get even more, like difference between 70 and 130 or similar.

In the long run the third option is the best then, as you obviously like to play with some diversity and not 2h all the time. 175 for a melee weapon seems too much as well.. plus as you stated, you already have 8 athletics, that is a lot!
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
Re: Tips on my build (To be specific: wpf)
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 04:54:44 pm »
If you plan to use both 1h and pole sometimes and more often, I'd go with the third option. I usually put at least 100 wpf in a weapon if I wanna use it as sidearm, like crossbower with 1h or 2h. But 70+ is enough as well imo. I don't think there is too much difference if it comes down to 70 or 100. the bigger difference starts once you get even more, like difference between 70 and 130 or similar.

In the long run the third option is the best then, as you obviously like to play with some diversity and not 2h all the time. 175 for a melee weapon seems too much as well.. plus as you stated, you already have 8 athletics, that is a lot!

Third option would only be really viable if the long spear (I might even get a pike, since more ath allow me to get in and out of fights much easier) would actually be faster and easier to play with 70wpf. If not, for me the 2nd option with 1h would probably be better i think. And yes, i like a little diversity, my 30/15 pure 2h bored me too much.
Anyway, let's keep the opinions coming! The more, the better =)