Author Topic: Rank 10 new powers, automatic actions : easy management  (Read 887 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Rank 10 new powers, automatic actions : easy management
« on: November 24, 2012, 08:50:44 pm »
+4
In strategus you cant do shit alone, you need others.

Give Rank 10 members ability to TRANSFER troops AND gear from members of their own faction to themselves when they are in the trade range.
With this, in case of emergency you dont have to rely on IMMEDIATE REACTION IRL to distribute troops/gear and form armies/caravans (they will still have to move by themselves ofc  :lol: )

You could also give the possibility to individuals to automatically transfer gold/troops above a certain limit ( a bit like troop cap but in the other way ) in the fief they are sitting.

With those two things EVERY players can be an asset to their team, no need to even log in strategus to help with the tedious activities, basically adding gameplay options that reduces micro management.
I can see some disadvantages with adding automated actions to strategus and tyrannical powers for rank 10 members, but I think the advantages are more important : LESS FRUSTRATION FOR EVERYONE !!!

« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 08:55:23 pm by Butan »

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
Re: Rank 10 new powers, automatic actions : easy management
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 09:27:26 pm »
Sounds good in theory. But I don't really like the idea of someone being able to take all the troops/gear before consulting the rest of his/her faction. Part of strat is having to rely on people, and not just do it all yourself (with dozens of CD keys).

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 09:33:27 pm »
Yeah I agree with Kelugarn. While the idea seems pretty compelling, I would not like to be stripped from all my stuff from the day to the morning. I admit however the rank 10 is pretty much useless at the moment, if it isn't as a petty decoration or to show who's boss around 'ere. Some new features could be added to those who posses that rank - I agree with you - but thinking of these and at the same time trying not to be unfair to the rankers can prove to be an ardous mind-breaking job.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 10:53:58 pm »
I like the idea of this, but strategus is still a game. At some point we have to draw the line and the following is over that line for me:

With those two things EVERY players can be an asset to their team, no need to even log in strategus

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 11:10:34 pm »
Alt farming?

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 11:20:09 pm »
I like the idea of this, but strategus is still a game. At some point we have to draw the line and the following is over that line for me:

I hear ya, but isnt the game already like this but forces people to do shit things ?

The caravan system is ok, because players need to move, think about their travel and "look out" for bandits. Gold gathering part of strategus is ok. They are active people playing the game.
Moving armies is relatively the same as caravaning, and is also an "active" (very active indeed) part of strategus.

But recruiting troops? Seriously? You already have a lot of strategus players basically "alt farming" to give away troops to their allies: instead they are real people that help in the way they can/want.

My suggestion seems off, but its this or completely rework the recruiting system.

Alternative idea to recruiting troops:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:37:53 pm by Butan »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 01:05:09 am »
+2
everything you said in the first post.

Sounds good in theory. But I don't really like the idea of someone being able to take all the troops/gear before consulting the rest of his/her faction. Part of strat is having to rely on people, and not just do it all yourself (with dozens of CD keys).

(click to show/hide)
If you make people rank 10 you can't rely or trust, that is not a problem with strategus.
If a faction founder gives rank 10 to anyone it should be only leaders, this is not about democrazy but about not giving fuck ups a chance to mess with a playerbase.

The automatic transfer
If also taking into account, settings that each player on its own could chose for himself, when those transfer would take place, then it would be a choice of free will.
Also rank independent.

Ability to TRANSFER troops AND gear from members of their own faction to themselves,
i would prefer to do it with rank7+, so that officers could do it too and not only generals,
that way still more people can be flexible and the faction leader or leaders wouldn't always need to do the micromangement. Still then all +7, would be able to do it for ranks below them, so you wouldn't just see coups within a faction all the time ... or well that could be fun too  :lol:

Alternative idea to recruiting troops:
Make it so you can "recruit" troops with gold like mercenaries in SP, only difference is you buy tickets from a pool (that could be infinite or finite, stable price or variable).

Buying troops for strat ticks, can bite us pretty hard, it may go into the direction chadz would want it though, having active clans ... The more active guys you can muster the stronger you will become. If you are casually playing strat(is that even possible?) and formost cRPG then, you just don't stand a chance. So this would need to be balanced from the start considering huge factions and also huge alliances. Atm with recruiting on each person and gradually getting getting troops. Even if you have like 80 active players there is still less potential behind in comparison to just buy as many troops as you can. But then again having a market which is flexible on troop prize depending on how many guys would want to buy and also but a fixed pool of say 100000 tickets in EU 70k tickets pool in NA, taking into account the different size of playerbases. or an overall pool(whereby NA would be left behind), this could be enough to get some balancing done. Overall i wouldn't be too fond about this last part of the idears.

Alt farming?
no alts in strat?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 01:09:57 am by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 01:28:54 am »

no alts in strat?

Ah I'm talking about alt accounts( Multi accounting)

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 02:21:03 am »
I am not sure about this, too easy to imagine another Tetris...

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 02:48:21 am »
Ah I'm talking about alt accounts( Multi accounting)
In any case multi-accounting or account sharing, it would give those who do not use account-sharing or multi-accounting, more opportunities for normal accounts and i believe even less arguments for someone to cheat in the first place.

Why is accountsharing used? To make it easier to make tactical moves, see stuff, react and take of boring tasks from other faction members.
Implement ways for everyone to do their moves more effiecently without account-sharing, no reason to account share anymore.

Why is multi-accounting used? Same reasons as account-sharing but additionally in previous strats, formost to make money by idling. Now coordinate trade centralized but having active guys who recruit troops and/or being able to move troops and attack stuff while the multi accounts are used for resuply or trade caravans or also attacks, also scouting i guess and that through one centralized dude again. The option mutli-accounts give you don't need the above mentioned idears, mulit accounts do have them already.
So again if you introduce these things, you not only get rid of boring game tasks, or at least make them more flexible and a team then be more effective, but also the advantages of multiaccounts are actually reduced in comparison with real accounts which would have these idears implemented.

I am not sure about this, too easy to imagine another Tetris...
SoA survived him, after all if a player community spots a dig move of their chieftain, the chieftain looses his subjects.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future