Author Topic: Suggestion for next strat  (Read 891 times)

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
Suggestion for next strat
« on: November 18, 2012, 03:06:35 pm »
I think there is a way to take away some power from big blocks and make some room for smaller factions, and make a gameplay much more strategic in process. Most likely it have been suggested before but lets see.

Lets take our current roster in siege attack/defence. Make it so that only 50% of the people can join such fight from anywhere on the map, the other 50% must be physically near the location of where that siege takes place. Open field battles could have the 25% for all people, and 75% for people close by.

With the follow function the micro managmend shouldnt be that hard. But what it would do is making large factions vulnrable to small local forces, as they would show up with bigger rosters.

This would also give a chance to many people to fight big battles. As of now in a big battles you see the same faces all the time, as they are picked over some other players.

So how hard would it be to implement such a code to strategus ? Is it even possible ?

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion for next strat
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 03:07:47 pm »
No thanks.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 03:10:06 pm »
+1
changes so even less people can play the only good part of strategus = terrible
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 03:14:24 pm »
+1
This might've been a good idea if it wasn't for the low amount of people playing the strat battles. 

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 04:47:13 pm »
changes so even less people can play the only good part of strategus = terrible

how exactly less people would play because of it ? in the big battles on weekends large chunk of people that play are the same names, and 30+ people dont get accepted on ts roll call

This would open doors to everybody for many battles, small faction that cant do anything against 50 people roster, could perhaps have a chance when attacking in weak spot and only facing 25 people ? Small factions could have a shot at a caravans

more battles + more people able to play them = better strategus expirience

@Ramses guess why there is a low amount of people playing strat ? your grinding this resources all the time and than wont even get a place in a roster where you put your time and effort in

P.S. and lets not forget that factions that really want to play as mercenaries would have a place in system like this

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 04:56:34 pm »
So if you attack something in a corner, almost no one can join because no one is near the battle? No thanks. Its often hard enough to get a full roster, that would make it even worse.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 05:03:49 pm »
So if you attack something in a corner, almost no one can join because no one is near the battle? No thanks. Its often hard enough to get a full roster, that would make it even worse.
In next strat they planning put their asses in such corner  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 06:04:20 pm »

its basicly having flat number, 50 people per battle, with 50% of that number available for everyone, and the other 50% available for people near by
thats 25 slots for people all over the map, how hard would that be to fill ? and add to this people in nearby area

is that what you call "almost no one can join" ? and i dont know what you mean with "the corner", is this suppose to be biggest flaw of this system ?

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 06:42:57 pm »
+1
You're trying to make it sound like this idea is infallible and flawless. Sorry to disappoint you, but it's not. It must feel frustrating to see your expectations crumble, though. :)

Regardless, your suggestion will not allow more unaffiliated players to join big battles but rather slow the overall progress in Strat down, because factions will still not hire inexperienced, unaffiliated and unknown players. Factions will simply order their best fighters to join as entourage in campaigns, disabling them from trading, and not to mention almost completely eliminate cross-Atlantic mercing.

25 fighters can be whoever you want. The big factions have over 60 members, including 45+ active members.
Now add every allied clan, equally big. 25 fighters that you can trust, 25 fighters that are not guaranteed to be either contactable or competent enough to follow instructions or simply don't care. I think you'll find that those 25 slots are gonna vanish faster than a virgin in a back alley in Bronx and the rest of those 25 slots are going to be wasted simply because morons are a liability to the outcome of the battle.

One of the most ill-conceived ideas on improving Strat so far.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 08:02:52 pm »
i know your carving for my attention bjord but you wont receive it

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 08:16:09 pm »
If you can't take criticism without the need to label it as something not even remotely comparable, then maybe you shouldn't make these kinds of... "posts". :wink:

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 01:25:56 pm »
i can take criticism just fine thats why i replied to people saying its a bad idea in here

i just refuse to waste time on the attention whoring people that live for forum flaming and will go as far as putting -1 on posts almost 2 years old, but whatever makes you happy