Author Topic: Fix arrows  (Read 635 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Fix arrows
« on: November 06, 2012, 07:43:59 pm »
+6
I can take an inaccurate reticule causing my arrows to fly off path and miss my target. I can see them fly off target and miss.

What I cannot take is arrows that fly through the avatar of an enemy with no effect. In some cases, I haven't been able to find my arrow behind them either. What do you do? Change your aim? The arrow already went through them, so change it how?

When zoomed, the arrow flight seems correct. Non-zoomed arrows used to miss sometimes, but I'm talking about 5% or so. Today, my arrows are going through people upwards of the 50% range.

Please address as this really is a "I don't think I'm going to bother frustrating myself by playing with a broken class" issue.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
Re: Fix arrows
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 07:50:28 pm »
+8
Welcome to the club of "All classes but 2h"
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 11:18:25 pm »
+2
now you guys know how throwers have felt for months and shielders for almost a year

Offline AluminumMonster

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PRO_Flying_Dildos
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 08:50:14 pm »
how do shielders have it bad, theres a shield that is no bigger than a foot and a half around and it blocks your whole body. it even blocks your feet. you got it real rough their buddy!!
THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"

AND I WILL SHOOT A DILDO DOWN YOUR THROAT.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 10:46:33 pm »
+1
how do shielders have it bad, theres a shield that is no bigger than a foot and a half around and it blocks your whole body. it even blocks your feet. you got it real rough their buddy!!

Shield forcefield has been nerfed bigtime, easy to hit in feet or from side'ish

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 10:47:31 pm »
+1

wrong on all accounts. and clearly you havent played a shielder within the last year and seen first hand the ridiculous number of times that enemy players teleport right thru your model and hit you from behind or from flanks. 

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 11:06:35 pm »
I can take an inaccurate reticule causing my arrows to fly off path and miss my target. I can see them fly off target and miss.

What I cannot take is arrows that fly through the avatar of an enemy with no effect. In some cases, I haven't been able to find my arrow behind them either. What do you do? Change your aim? The arrow already went through them, so change it how?

When zoomed, the arrow flight seems correct. Non-zoomed arrows used to miss sometimes, but I'm talking about 5% or so. Today, my arrows are going through people upwards of the 50% range.

Please address as this really is a "I don't think I'm going to bother frustrating myself by playing with a broken class" issue.

I didn't have a problem with ghost arrows until they reduced arrow speed in the recent patch.  I don't get 50% ghost arrows like Gramps, but a hell of a lot more of them than I used to. 

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 11:23:36 pm »
I have a lot of arrows that I say mab how did that not hit him? Then again I am a terrible archer.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 02:28:37 am »
I didn't have a problem with ghost arrows until they reduced arrow speed in the recent patch.  I don't get 50% ghost arrows like Gramps, but a hell of a lot more of them than I used to.

The 50% number was a burst percentage, not consistent. But it would happen all the time and made trying to stand down a cavalry charge and shoot the player on the horse a suicidal move in most cases.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln