Author Topic: Buff elegant poleaxe!  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Buff elegant poleaxe!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 05:28:15 pm »
I don't know why anyone would use the poleaxe over a long bardiche though...if anything needs a buff it's the poleaxe (and maybe some of the other higher tier poleaxes).

The normal Poleaxe can rear horses. The Long Bardiche cannot.
The normal Poleaxe has one of the best thrusts out of all polearms. The Long Bardiche has a comparatively weak thrust.
The normal Poleaxe has, as of this patch, a secondary mode that is quite good. The Long Bardiche has no secondary mode.
The normal Poleaxe is quite expensive to use constantly, especially if you like wearing heavier armors. The Long Bardiche is very cheap for what it brings to the table, and you should make quite a bit of money using it with anything other than a tincan loadout.

The last point is why I personally use the Long Bardiche over any of the poleaxes when I play my polearm character, but that does not mean that the normal Poleaxe is weak.

It is the only weapon in the game that can simultaneously rear horses, knockdown targets, and break shields with ease. It definitely does not need any buffs, although I wouldn't nerf it either considering it no longer has polestagger, isn't an especially good 1v1 weapon, has a high upkeep, and doesn't do any of the things it does better than weapons specifically geared at rearing horses, knocking down targets, or breaking shields. It's a jack-of-all-trades utility weapon, which is what it should be.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 05:31:16 pm »
So it only has the better stab?  Being able to rear horses is nice too, but not for the price, and the 5 less cut.  Long Bardiche is better than the german poleaxe IMO as well, and likely the elegant poleaxe.  But that's just my opinion (and I'm guessing most other people who look at the poleaxes for a weapon).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 07:20:43 pm »
The shot-gun stab that the Poleaxe boasts along with the ability to rear horses and the knockdown blunt alt-mode makes it a superior general-versatility support weapon in a small squad as well as an extremely deadly dueling weapon. The Long Bardiche on the other hand is more economical due to the cost and a superior weapon for general battle with large squads due to the obnoxiously high damage for the swing which can capitalize on right-swinging and overheading distracted targets. Just my opinion though.

Long Bardiche is probably the best choice for most users, I just prefer the poleaxe as it is better for up-close-and-personal fighting due to that stab (That much pierce is not to be underestimated, you can OS almost anyone with a proper stab to the face), as well as my disliking of all things cavalry, and the fact that the secondary mode has a stupid amount of blunt damage and knockdown for such a long and fast weapon (again, marvelous for duels). If you don't use stabs very often though, the Poleaxe will obviously be lackluster.

Regardless, the Elegant Poleaxe is lackluster in my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 07:26:50 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 11:34:55 am »
and the fact that the secondary mode has a stupid amount of blunt damage and knockdown for such a long and fast weapon (again, marvelous for duels).

This.

Maybe last patch before the alt mode got buffed the long bardiche could of done with a little nerf to make the increased gold cost of the poleaxe feel more worth it, but right now the secondary mode of the poleaxe is just insanely OP.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login