Author Topic: [Strategus] Not moving parties and noshow battles  (Read 280 times)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
[Strategus] Not moving parties and noshow battles
« on: November 08, 2012, 01:55:34 am »
+5
Not moving parties and noshow battles
yeah i am german, i want everything clean and in order, so what  :rolleyes:
I am getting an cramp in my eyes, by checking everyday the dots around my fiefs, only to see ltos of them being there since like forever. I don't want to just attack everyone, still get rid of possible scouts of the enemy. So then we make an attack and they are just not there, and rarely anyone on enemy roster, as they also know, no clan tag = often noshow. Peasent battels could be even fun, but then again if only one enemy is in the roster ^^, waiting 3 minutes that the battle starts ... this all is pure bordom. I want moving dots, they are facinating   :mrgreen:

possible solutions:
a) let not moving parties fade out over time, while they fade out, they loose also line of sight range. => scouts need to be at least active once in a while, when someone gets active again he could start from his last position.
b) after 2 weeks inactivity, let them respawn in one of their factions fiefs or in Dirhirm(central, you can go anywhere from there)
c) remove them from the map, so they need to respawn new, like with choosing EU/NA Server.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: [Strategus] Not moving parties and noshow battles
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 09:37:40 am »
+2
There is an issue that seems to be ignored for quite some time:

IF YOU GET ATTACKED DISPLAY A FREAKING POP UP ON THE CRPG CHAR SITE FFS!

I check strat actually every day but just once. I do have a life. Yesterday evening I got a message on my char site which told me that I had a battle and all my men were killed, all my gear is gone. And guess what? I had no idea.

So make a stupid pop up for the crpg site. Not some message afterwards but an pop up somehow/somewhere which tells you something like "Hey! Someone attacked you in strat! Go and check!" I mean... c'mon... it cant be that hard to do or even take that long to do this kind of thing.

I would have showed up, even if it was just for the laugh but since not everyone is no-lifing Strat...

Just do it.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Re: [Strategus] Not moving parties and noshow battles
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 12:21:48 pm »
good point benkei!

more integrating crpg in strat and vice versa, don't stop with the messaging/alert system, go on with ladder and faction.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future