Author Topic: Why so much disrespect?  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Aku_Ankka

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aku_Ankka, Minni_Hiiri, Roope_Ankka, Hessu_Hopo
Re: Why so much disrespect?
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2012, 12:42:30 am »
Well.. I have been insulted and stuff just cause I have killed someone. I was playing on EU level 20 server, I didn't say anything in chat just playing.. I had most kills and score in our team, and our team was winning all the time. So some guy just started insulting me, he called me hacker idiot, pussy, cocksucker etc... Then he started saying stuff like "If I had weapon_X I would fucking own you", "If I was on my mine I would fucking own you noob"... I jsut kept saying "Okay." and didn't get provoked by him, so he decided to vote kick me. Oh boys how huge the surprise was when the vote actually passed with 57% voting yes. I think there's someting wrong with most of the people in here.

Offline Weewum

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2012, 12:55:51 am »
Well.. I have been insulted and stuff just cause I have killed someone. I was playing on EU level 20 server, I didn't say anything in chat just playing.. I had most kills and score in our team, and our team was winning all the time. So some guy just started insulting me, he called me hacker idiot, pussy, cocksucker etc... Then he started saying stuff like "If I had weapon_X I would fucking own you", "If I was on my mine I would fucking own you noob"... I jsut kept saying "Okay." and didn't get provoked by him, so he decided to vote kick me. Oh boys how huge the surprise was when the vote actually passed with 57% voting yes. I think there's someting wrong with most of the people in here.
EU these days...

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2012, 01:09:43 am »
+3
i've been guilty of ~a troll too far~ and gettin' really mad at videogames in the past, shit talking, all that. if i pissed someone off or hurt your feelings i'm sorry. i think i've mellowed a bit over the past year or so, though.

that aside though, the nature of this game makes people mad. it requires a LOT of time to become even somewhat proficient (relative to normal games for non-spergs [we are all spergs here, face it]), hours and hours for "basic" melee fighting, and dozens more to become "good". and that amount of time investment makes you care, it's just how it is. i'd be surprised if anyone reading this right now had less than 150 hours in warband. i'm glad i don't have the thing on steam, so i can't see precisely how many days of my life have been thrown away on this game.  the other thing is that it's very competitive, even moreso than a shooter or whatever. there's not really any "ambush" except for cav (nerf cav), if you die it's probably because you screwed up somehow.

in a game like this, people are gonna get mad, and strat (diplomacy, backstabbing, clan infighting) exacerbates it. also, since the community is so small, it's not an xbox live situation where the guy you called every name in the book goes away, he's gonna be there in the next thousand games, and on the forums too.

tldr, the way this game works makes people mad, also it's an internet game, and you know how the internet is. just let the shit-talking and the rage roll off you. it'd be nice if everyone would take it a little easier, but whatever - it's just a game, no need to get too worked up about the people playing it.

FREE ALLERS

Offline Kastu

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2012, 01:11:06 am »
+1

You were kicked because of leeching. And threatening others with ban polls isn't helping either.

Offline Aku_Ankka

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aku_Ankka, Minni_Hiiri, Roope_Ankka, Hessu_Hopo
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2012, 01:26:49 am »
You were kicked because of leeching. And threatening others with ban polls isn't helping either.
I assume you are talking about the kick poll when I was in the barn? This isn't the case I was refering to above.. However now when you brought this out, how possibly could I be leeching? I killed 3 people that round, and I was last one of us alive against 2 enemies. I won the round for my team, how is that leeching?

Who did I threaten with ban polls? I told the 2 guys who were teamkilling at spawn to stop it or I would forum report them, and so they did stop.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2012, 05:52:22 am »
i've been guilty of ~a troll too far~ and gettin' really mad at videogames in the past, shit talking, all that. if i pissed someone off or hurt your feelings i'm sorry. i think i've mellowed a bit over the past year or so, though.

that aside though, the nature of this game makes people mad. it requires a LOT of time to become even somewhat proficient (relative to normal games for non-spergs [we are all spergs here, face it]), hours and hours for "basic" melee fighting, and dozens more to become "good". and that amount of time investment makes you care, it's just how it is. i'd be surprised if anyone reading this right now had less than 150 hours in warband. i'm glad i don't have the thing on steam, so i can't see precisely how many days of my life have been thrown away on this game.  the other thing is that it's very competitive, even moreso than a shooter or whatever. there's not really any "ambush" except for cav (nerf cav), if you die it's probably because you screwed up somehow.

in a game like this, people are gonna get mad, and strat (diplomacy, backstabbing, clan infighting) exacerbates it. also, since the community is so small, it's not an xbox live situation where the guy you called every name in the book goes away, he's gonna be there in the next thousand games, and on the forums too.

tldr, the way this game works makes people mad, also it's an internet game, and you know how the internet is. just let the shit-talking and the rage roll off you. it'd be nice if everyone would take it a little easier, but whatever - it's just a game, no need to get too worked up about the people playing it.

go back to gbs
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2012, 05:55:54 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Well said, +1
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2012, 06:10:19 am »
I agree with your statement but find your statement pretty ironic when you try to pretend like I left Dracul on bad terms when I didn't. I feel like you tried to lie about me and defame me on the forums because of your war against KUTT in strat. I think that's taking it too far.

Overall I agree. I'm guilty of negative things and shit talk myself, although I feel its been retaliatory most times. When someone from a clan says something snippy to me because they're mad about getting owned in siege, I can't help but popping back quick with the shit talk.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2012, 07:17:41 am »
I never said you or tanken left on bad terms, I was implying that we were neutral with you guys up until the overreaction at our roleplaying.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus