Author Topic: Bafflingly Banned...  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Shaehl

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Bafflingly Banned...
« on: April 21, 2011, 06:31:52 pm »
Two days ago I was playing EU battle server when I alt-tabbed to buy more gear. When I switched back to the game, I had weird graphics craziness where long bands of grass texture stretched everywhere. Also, neither friend nor foe had the little circles over their heads, but I didn't realize this at first so I started attacking everyone in a panic.

I was immediately banned before I even killed anyone. I wasn't given a warning, or even a kick, just instant perma-ban with no explanation...

Anyways, wondering if it's possible to get unbanned.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Bafflingly Banned...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 07:00:27 pm »
You were banned by ptx for prolonged and deliberate team attacking. That kind of thing doesn't generally get a warning.
Don't.

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 07:13:00 pm »
I have killed people before due to that glitch, it is hard to convince people that it wasn't intentional tk when you are intentionally trying to kill them due to the glitch.
With known glitches like that I think it makes sense to warn people with pink text even in seemingly obvious intentional cases.

Offline Shaehl

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 07:24:54 pm »
You were banned by ptx for prolonged and deliberate team attacking. That kind of thing doesn't generally get a warning.

Deliberate, yes. But I couldn't tell that they were on my team because all the friendly symbols had disappeared, I didn't know.

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 07:41:54 pm »
in case of such a bug a little screeny just helps (:

unban that man!
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!

Offline Mustang_Sweets

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Avid rum drinker.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Companies of Caldaria (Bridge Burners)
  • Game nicks: Stang_the_Swilling
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 08:02:04 pm »
I say it is  a valid argument, from both the admin and the player. Even though I am an NA player, I do have to say, that for at least making a plea and if he has no major black marks on his record. That this man deserves an unbanning. Ask for it happening in the first place the admin did his job, but in the future. Please start to learn the players/signs of an ass hat.
I wear armor to protect myself from team mates.

That's right I am the beast master. Now, prepare to be tamed bitches!

Offline Storm

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 08:14:01 pm »
I was there before... It's incredibly hard to convince the bloodlusting community, that you were innocent. They won't believe anything unless "PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN". Stupidly, if one has that glitch the first time, you don't really know it's a bug and it's only when you get banned that you notice that something was really odd. That's why you hardly think of screenshot it, not to say that you don't have the time for that anyways, because you'll be banned by then. ;)

At least you're not in mercs, because my incident even started a major merc drama (as usual). :P

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 08:17:16 pm »
Deliberate, yes. But I couldn't tell that they were on my team because all the friendly symbols had disappeared, I didn't know.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the bug. Unfortunate, but it happens. Screenshots are definitely advisable with this kind of thing, but maybe ptx will take you at your word and unban you.
Don't.

Offline Shaehl

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 08:26:26 pm »
I didn't even think to take a pic, I didn't realize I was attacking teammates until I got banned... I don't know if it's possible to look at chat logs from then, but I even said something like "why are my swings are just going through people and doing no dmg?" before they banned me.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 08:35:42 pm »
 19:25:38 - *DEAD* [Shaehl] wtf my hits are just going through people with no dmg
 19:25:50 - Merc_pTx banned player Shaehl permanently.   
 19:25:50 - Shaehl is banned permanently by Merc_pTx.

He deserves an unban imo.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 08:41:03 pm »
No warning? I saw you fighting with another teammate and wrote in CAPS to stop you both. The other guy stopped and said sorry, you continued on to the next one.

If you are encountering a glitch, you log out, exit the game or seek help on forums or ingame. Unbanned, don't make me regret it.