Author Topic: 2h / Crossbow build !  (Read 833 times)

Offline ponyboy

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ponyboy_BRD
2h / Crossbow build !
« on: October 30, 2012, 05:27:59 pm »
Howdy,

So Im making my first build that uses a crossbow in crpg and have some questions.  So I plan on using a 2hander, crossbow, and steel bolts.   From those who have done this build before, what lvl 30 build did you find worked best?  Im thinking either 18/21 or 21/18.

My bigger question is the wpf for crossbow.  How much, if any, should I put into it?  My understanding is that points into xbow decrease reticule size, but do not actually improve accuracy.  They do two things, increase reload speed and decrease breakage.

thoughts?

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
Re: 2h / Crossbow build !
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 05:31:16 pm »
+2
Howdy,

So Im making my first build that uses a crossbow in crpg and have some questions.  So I plan on using a 2hander, crossbow, and steel bolts.   From those who have done this build before, what lvl 30 build did you find worked best?  Im thinking either 18/21 or 21/18.

My bigger question is the wpf for crossbow.  How much, if any, should I put into it?  My understanding is that points into xbow decrease reticule size, but do not actually improve accuracy.  They do two things, increase reload speed and decrease breakage.

thoughts?
Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 15
Agility: 24
Hit points: 54
Skills to attributes: 8
Ironflesh: 2
Power Strike: 5
Shield: 0
Athletics: 8
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 8
One Handed: 1
Two Handed: 120
Polearm: 1
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 146
Throwing: 1

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 05:42:25 pm »
+1
Definitely more agility than strength. The 15/24 build is very nice, either that or 18/21.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 08:18:05 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

This man knows what's up. Used this exact build on an arbalestier/2h and it was fantastic. If you feel that you need 2 stacks of bolts, keep in mind that the Fighting Axe, Mace, and Military Sickle are all 1slot 2h weapons. I used a Mace, as do most people that need a 1slot 2h. It's fantastic; with 8 athletics you can really get some good footwork leading to knockdowns and greater damage. The Fighting Axe is a solid choice if you find yourself frustrated by shielders, and the Military Sickle is quite effective with its pierce damage and weird-ass model. Most people have a hard time blocking it since it is so rare to see.

Oh, and I would recommend attempting to get an heirloomed crossbow. Bolts, too if you have a large wallet or clan armoury. Ranged weapons benefit much more from heirlooming than melee weapons. Also; the Mace is a very good choice to heirloom. Looming it increases both weight and damage, both of which lead to more knockdowns. Few things are deadlier than a good hit-knockdown-hit-kick-hit combo. It's also relatively easy to perform.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline ponyboy

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ponyboy_BRD
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 02:40:04 am »
spanks for the help!