Author Topic: Hello im new  (Read 1280 times)

Offline beerdrinker

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Hello im new
« on: October 31, 2012, 06:20:11 am »
+11
Ive been playing mount and blade now for 6 months and just now discovered crpg.. ill get to play more tomorrow but any advice would be much appreciated... im really looking forward to playing that strategus!!

THANKS AGAIN

my character name is OutlawJoseyWales

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
Re: Hello im new
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 06:27:44 am »
+10
I almost feel bad..... it's gonna be tough. But if you get as addicted as the rest of us and just keep playing, you'll do just fine. In time. And that is how you rhyme. Duel server can help. Starting out as a shielder for first gen isn't a bad idea, check the Solid Builds thread to get you started. Depending on your level of misanthropy, you may want to familiarize yourself with the Mute function sooner rather than later. Individuals from the Esc menu, global mute with Ctrl+Shift+M (Ctrl+Shift+U to unmute).

Word of advice; don't do any of this. Quit while you're ahead. Run. RUN.

-edit-
Also, use the ~ key (or remap it to something more convenient) to look around/behind. And check out some submods like More Metal, Realistic Colors, FinalBoss' Heirloom textures pack, Warham's heirloom horses.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:00:50 am by Dooz »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 07:16:46 am »
+5
Well, in order to really begin having tons of fun with the game, you've got to get past a period of time in which you are going to be absolutely combat ineffective. This is because you have to deal with everyone else having better killing devices and sick clothing than you, and you have to also deal with a large group of highly-skilled players that have played this mod for over a year or two. They are going to beat you in combat almost every single time both because they have a large gear and xp advantage (Really, you should only compare your skill level to another player's at level 30. Most of the players that you will see absolutely wrecking everything are 30+)

However, there is good news. After an initial investment of off-and-on playing for about 2 weeks, or rather steady dedicated playing for a week, you can start killing things. And boy, is killing things fun. As long as you overcome the initial period of "oh fuck im getting raped why is this happening", you should have an absolute blast with this game. It's really fucking amazing.

Also, you've got to refrain from gimping yourself with a "bad build". I understand that it's kinda upsetting to hear that there are only certain distributions of stats are really effective; but it's the truth. Basically, you need to stay diligently with a pre-planned build or you are going to shoot yourself right in the foot. I recommend going in the Solid Builds sticky in this subforum, they've got absolute tons of builds that are all extremely viable. I don't know anything about EU, but the Norse Horde clan puts really handy builds that are friendly for all skill-levels. Their thread (along with all other clans) will be in the Faction Hall section.

Oh, and one more thing. Don't go ranged or mounted/cavalry immediately. It is infinitely better to understand the game from an infantryman's perspective first. In addition; ranged weapons are VERY frustratingly bad in early levels, and even later levels when the ranged weapons are not heirloomed. (When someone gets above level 30, they can "retire" and receive a point that can improve any item they own. You can only use 3 of those points on any one item.)

Oh, even one more thing. The community is a bit rowdy in this game, is how I would put it. If you are extremely easily offended (I bet you're a cool-ass dude with a name like beerdrinker though) things are going to be rough unless you mute people. Also if you're upset by extremely rude or stupid people, things are going to be rough. There's a few of them running around. Sometimes it's fun to be a jackass, too. It's a really unique and hilarious community that's playing this game.

(click to show/hide)

Stick with it, man. It's one of the most satisfying games that I've played.

Oh, and strategus. Simply put, play cRPG for a while, find a clan that you think is cool, join it, and have them teach you. Strategus is extremely difficult for an independent player, and unless you have intimate knowledge of strategus, it's damned impossible as a browncoat.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 08:57:43 am »
+1
crpg lifecycle:

fuck that guy what the fuck?
how the fuck?
he's gotta be cheating!
alt-x
FUCK
man, maybe i just suck?
duel server
fuck that guy, what the fuck?
FREE ALLERS

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 09:54:45 am »
+3
Welcome to the mod

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 10:09:32 am »
+1
Welcome to the mod

you will like it : )
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 11:06:09 am »
+4
A name that starts with Beer, suspicious to me...

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 04:47:03 pm »
+1
Welcome!

If you need any help, suggestions or explanations, feel free to ask. Me, and many others, like to help out new players as much as we can.

Just remember that this mod keeps changing* so the guides might not always be up to date. If you are in doubt, just post there to confirm what you are wondering about.

If you want any help getting/choosing starting gear and getting a plan on how to start gearing up/earning money, just PM me and I'll help you out.

*Despite what some people say (usually the ones whining when something changes).
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 11:51:24 pm »
It will be glorious and painfull
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 01:04:12 am »
+2
A name that starts with Beer, suspicious to me...

There is nothing suspicious about beer. It's a natural thing to like.

Bears however, are dangerous creatures.
I've dreamed a lot about beaing hunted by them but also about killing them.
If you see a bear irl you should not run, but slowly walk away, and not turn your back to it.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 01:20:38 am »
There is nothing suspicious about beer. It's a natural thing to like.

Bears however, are dangerous creatures.
I've dreamed a lot about beaing hunted by them but also about killing them.
If you see a bear irl you should not run, but slowly walk away, and not turn your back to it.
Why did you change his name in the quote to "South African farmer or colonist of Dutch ancestry"?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 01:29:45 am »
+1
it is gonna be very painful to lvl up,and so fustrating to play but when you get to high lvl...

it is still gonna be painful and fustrating. Welcome to hell CRPG.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 02:52:34 am »
Curious about something...
Panos
Donkey
Boerenlater

Huh... Censor is gone.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 03:30:50 am »
IMPOSSSSSIBRU!!

they must have forgotten it in old forum?
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"