Author Topic: Just wanna say  (Read 829 times)

Offline BranStark

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BranStark_Astralis
Just wanna say
« on: October 28, 2012, 11:03:46 pm »
+7
I'm pretty fucking sick of all the pew pewing.

Millionth time its been said, but I'm absolutely sick of it. It's the reason I hardly play this shit ass mod anymore.

Can something please be done? I mean come on man. Archers shouldn't hit you with every shot they fire. They should miss, SOMETIMES. And every other hit shouldn't be a fucking headshot.

Anyways, there's archer complaint thread #999999999999999999999999999999999999999999, enjoy it. You'd think after so many complaints, SOME ONE WOULD ACTUALLY FUCKING LISTEN.

I'm not talking about removing archers from the game, just nerf them into the ground please.

Also, it'd maybe be cool if there was some semblance of balance in this game, not just banner balance. That way you wouldn't get EVERY FUCKING archer on one team. Secondary rant here, I know, but this game is so out of balance it's not even funny anymore. Every fucking round it's a steam roll of one team or another. Hardly any good, even and fair fights. Always just a steamroll of bullshit because this game doesn't balance for shit.

I mean how hard would it really be to implement a system that takes into account how many archers/cav/infantry are on one team, AND ACTUALLY BALANCE IT OUT. 12 ARCHERS ON? 6 ON ONE TEAM, 6 ON THE OTHER. NOT JUST 11 ON ONE TEAM, ONE ON THE OTHER. Pretty fucking simple logic to me. (I know actually implementing that kind of system is probably pretty hard, but still. That would be great.)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 11:11:20 pm by raistlinmajere8 »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Re: Just wanna say
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 11:05:40 pm »
(game just got patched, fixes are incoming I'm sure)
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 11:07:42 pm »
+2
I'm pretty fucking sick of all the pew pewing.

+1 Would read again
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 11:10:59 pm »
If you don't like it now you should've seen how strong archers were the 1st year of cRPG.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 11:13:15 pm »
If you don't like it now you should've seen how strong archers were the 1st year of cRPG.

Shatup the entire game was different back then everything was OP i mean ffs you could carry a Arbelest as a sidearm if you felt like it..
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Pollux

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 11:19:14 pm »
Quit horsing around. Clop clop is just as bad as pew pew.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 11:40:51 pm »
+1
Shatup the entire game was different back then everything was OP i mean ffs you could carry a Arbelest as a sidearm if you felt like it..

True but archers were far stronger and had much better armor and melee weapons. They were almost as good in melee as regular melee players with a ton of wpf in archery and 2h (usually 2h). Its a huge change to where archery is much weaker and is far inferior to melee in regular melee now.

Besides its not the problem of archers being able to pew pew (even though for some, even having archers is a problem even if all they could do is shoot nerf balls at you). Its the problem of too many archers, especially for EU. NA has the problem as well but apparently not as bad as EU. Archers are still weak compared to infantry but when you have 5, 10, 15 archers, their strength grows exponentially rather than linearly as it does with melee.

But I'm not sure how to change that without making archery worthless.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 11:51:46 pm »
Only shit i truly enjoy in this mod is Strategus and that's not because of it's "awesome" features , its because i enjoy seeing our enemies whining and crying in forum.
I was playing at siege because it had less archers and close to 0 cavalry , in my opinion both of them are truly broken and unbalanced , im not saying they should be balanced , medieval warfare is not balanced and im a guy who seeks realism in games so im ok with unbalanced warfare.
But now i've seen you added some retarded open field maps in EU2 and i started to see archers shooting everyone who's trying to run to flag in that fucking gigantic flat open space and cavalry couching their 75 pierce shit.
So because of that a big fuck you.
You killed all my fun about cRPG .
I don't give a fuck about archery damage kiting and accuracy i just want my choice to play more infantry focused sieges again , because of your retarded buff/nerf system i can't play on EU1 now don't kill EU2.
Btw , 2 days ago an archer took %50 of my health with single swing by his 0 slot pickaxe , i wear veiled turban helmet , +3 sarranid mail shirt and +3 scale gauntlets and i have 21 str , 7 iron flesh so seriously , FUCK YOU.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 12:22:04 am »
fix autobalance plz
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.