Author Topic: The Battle at Mazigh  (Read 800 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
The Battle at Mazigh
« on: October 12, 2012, 05:44:13 am »
+8
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battleroster&id=646

Two Grand armies aligned near one another, the men of the Great Steppes versus those  who rule the Great Sand Seas. As the world revolved around this singular point, the men of these great nations sat there, calm as sweat ran down their backs. The Sand Knights lined up, unleashing a furious battle roar to the great flying pig as they charged the Men of the Steppes. Many were felled by the great steppe hunters, but the Sand knights had their own Dervishes to counter these fearsome hunters of men. As the melee was joined, the greatest weapon of the Sand Knights had yet to be unleashed. The dread Sand Scorpions rode forth from the right of the Steppe lines. "Here! Here! Turn you louts! Cavalry hath encircled us!" Cried the Lords of Occitania as the dread Scorpions bore down on the Steppe warriors heavy infantry. Concurrently, the lords of the Great Steppe shouted "Charge, Drive the Sand Devils into their caves!" and thus battle was joined. The lines fell and rose as the great steppe warriors fought with their utmost against the ragged berserker Sandlings. No match for the awe inspiring courage, the Steppe warriors slowly fell back, taking 2 for every 1 of their own. The Lords of Occitania, fared no better. Occitanians, weathered from years of cavalry warfare, felt first hand, the true ferocity of  the Sand Scorpions and were pushed into the  main body of the steppe horde.

It was a blood bath. Blood flowed, thick as water, the dead, littered the field as if Death himself had sown the fields. As the battle reached it's climax, The great Lord of the Steppe, Peppovitch was slain! Though grim, the men of the Steppe never feared and to a man they fought to the last. Lord Cedrick, the last of the great Occitanian lords, held what little remained of the army. With one last great Dervish raining fire as if from the Great Donkey himself, the Dervish struck down the remains of the Steppe men. But alas, as the last Lord of Occitania charged with his last ounce of strength, the Great Pig left the Dervish then. Out of arrows, Lord Cedrick struck down the last Sandling, winning the great battle, but at what cost?

May the Hero of Mazigh be remembered, always.
-Lord Chronicler of the Dharan Legion.
Anno 1280 in the year of the Donkey.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 05:59:24 am by Lt_Anders »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sir_Mahtin

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • A man is and will always be just a man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Le Chevalier Occitan
  • Game nicks: Chevalier_Martin
Re: The Battle at Mazigh
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 05:52:42 am »
+5
Was truly a memorable battle.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 06:10:03 am »
+5
I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Hope all the future fights can be at prime time with good gear on both sides. (crosses fingers)
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 06:45:54 am »
+2
I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Hope all the future fights can be at prime time with good gear on both sides. (crosses fingers)

what is primes time for you ? :D 3 am at nigth eastern time heheheh joke
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 05:28:52 pm »
Nice post Anders, that was a ridiculously close battle.  The enemy had a little over 100 extra troops, but an armed army, versus heavily armed.  The first 3 pushes that the Sand people made were repelled pretty heavily by the Nomads.  The reinforcements were pretty much even at this point, and on the 4th charge the camel herders were able to inflict heavy casualties when they called up their cavalry who had been cleverly hidden up until that point.  Palatro was destroying our ranks on the 4th charge and subsequent skirmishes, I think he single handedly brought the tide of battle back for the sand people.  It was troop for troop at that point with no more coordinated pushes, as the Nomads tried to hold a small hill and the Sanders were pushing back to take it.  It was just an all out skirmish at that point, and eventually came down to the last 4 soldiers fighting out of 400-500 that originally took the field that evening. 

Seriously though, for a while I thought Kesh had won it for hero_party, and I can't believe how close that battle was.  One of the most memorable strat battles I've been a part of.  Glad we could come out on top, but great fighting to both sides.

Also one correction Anders, your post should say battle near* Mazigh
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 05:36:07 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 06:01:34 pm »
+1
Also one correction Anders, your post should say battle near* Mazigh

Ah, that's not how medieval recorder keepers do it. The battle of Agincourt never took place AT agincourt, but it's remembered as such. Thus, I left that flair of medieval record keeping there! Even WWII they use that method, Battle of EL-Alamein, or The Battle of Tulbuk.