Author Topic: Buff secondary modes on weapons  (Read 790 times)

Offline brockssn

• Baron
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Buff secondary modes on weapons
« on: October 04, 2012, 08:22:45 pm »
+14
My Mighty Iron War Axe has 40 cut, and 27 pierce. I did damage tests on full plated fellas at the duel server and we found out the 40 cut was better to use! What's the point then? We did a few different armors and cut had the benefits all around

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
Re: Buff secondary modes on weapons
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 08:45:35 pm »
+5
Yeah. 99% of the time the secondary modes are total crap - this is when we talk about secondary modes that use the same wpf as the primary modes though. Throwing stuff, onehanders in twohanded mode and halfswording aren't useless.

For weapons swapping between pierce and blunt it'd be hard - maybe hefty speed penalty/bonus so you can either be faster and hit for less or vice versa. For cut <-> blunt or pierce you could probably find out values that make using those modes some sense.

Offline blackrose_Baron_Geoff

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 07:40:49 pm »
I agree

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 08:08:52 pm »
+1
Currently 1h axes with pierce secondary (iron war axe, 1h broad battle axe) don't do enough damage to be worth switching even for opponents with 70+ plate. They should be buffed to the point that they would be worth using against people with like 60 or 65 armor. Same for military hammer. I'm not sure about warhammer it prolly does enough raw blunt damage it wouldn't ever really need a pierce secondary, maybe buffed so against 70+ armor it could be good.

Some other weps like picks have blunt secondary which is a bit more redundant so I don't really have much of an idea for that..

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 02:38:13 am »
The axe might be better in secondary mode from horseback...

you lose a percentage of damage and pierce gets a bonus on head shots.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 02:02:09 pm »
+1

Another pathetic secondary mode is that of greatswords. I like half-swording, but it should use 2h wpf instead. I just can't picture someone proficient in polearms using one over any polearm, since the only decent attack is the stab, plus it doesn't have overhead.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 04:40:12 pm »
The axe might be better in secondary mode from horseback...

you lose a percentage of damage and pierce gets a bonus on head shots.
All attacks get a bonus on head shots. Damage type doesn't matter at all (except for armour penetration).

Hitting someone with 30c on the head gets the same bonus as hitting someone with 30p on the head, same as 30b on the head. Ranged gets a higher bonus on head hits than melee, but that's because they are ranged weapons, not because they do pierce.

Blunt, Pierce and Cut only affects the armour calculation, whether a horse is reared or not (must be pierce is a requirement), and if a knockdown may happen (must be blunt is a requirement).
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Sarpton

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hurlbat
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 05:41:20 pm »
I agree with this 100%  it SHOULD make sense to switch your damage type depending on what enemy you face,  Take the 2h Persian war axe the secondary mode is thrust damage 26.   26 damage on a 2h is wothless.   Granted if you make the hybrid weapons better everyone will use them, so maybe at least bring them in line with their main mode.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login