Author Topic: New forum section, for punish not ban.  (Read 222 times)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
New forum section, for punish not ban.
« on: October 06, 2012, 01:40:37 pm »
+1
Currently if you see someone ingame who is breaking rules, you can post those to a ban thread. But, this seems pretty harsh, what if it is a minor thing, like this guy:

He was running around the castle opening doors but not closing, so I kicked him and typed "Hey dont leave doors open" and he teamkilled me. But watching him play, he seems brand new, so a ban would be totally out of order:

Maybe we need a "Punish" or "Warning" section, rather than just a BAN BAN BAN HE! section?

Opinions?
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Spartacus

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
Re: New forum section, for punish not ban.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 01:50:06 pm »
I LIKE IT!
So thats NA, why do you care about EU? Are you trying to export freedom?

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 01:58:07 pm »
+1
The ban section is often used to hand out warnings. Of course the players rarely receive these warnings unless they read the forums, which this would not solve.

In the ban section, it's not unusual to give some new player a second chance. If he does it again, he will get banned. Best way to make sure rulebreaking new players know the rules is to ban them and then have them come to the forum to see why they are banned. After that it's easy to direct them to the server rules and have them reread the rules and unban them.

Like this:
http://bundle of sticks-banned/
http://forum.meleegaming.com/closed-requests/kletus_knihts_who_says_ni-ban-for-leeching/msg335773/#msg335773

If they get banned again, any admin can easily see that they have previous bans, and if they have been previously banned the assumption is that they have looked up the server rules to see what they are and avoid doing it again. Of course, not everyone takes the initiative.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 02:12:00 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 01:58:10 pm »
+1
Just write "warn name-of-the-person" in the title instead of "ban name-of-the-person".  :P