Author Topic: c.rpg throwing weapons  (Read 1465 times)

Offline TePlayer

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Ni
    • View Profile
    • niknights.eu
  • Game nicks: Cum _ Ni
c.rpg throwing weapons
« on: August 25, 2011, 03:30:33 pm »
Hi,
   I did throwing specialized character. It was for throwing axes, but all throws are weak and u cannot have much of this. Therefore i recollected what i missthrowed and it worked. It was only one shame, that throwing are not considerred lika a primary weapon, but only secondary and have bad percentage of power strike (only power throw with weak statistics.) But actually without recollecting its allmost unplayable. Two week before it was just fine. Can pls someone explain me, what happened. Will someone do something about it?

Thx
Swine_knight_who_says_Ni
Cofounder and supporter of MB

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
Re: c.rpg throwing weapons
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 08:59:54 pm »
I suspect the problem isnt a bug, but you havent got enough proficiency in throwing. Check if you get "your proficiency in throwing isnt high enough" message (or something like it) whenever your spawn.
As far as I know, you need 13-14 effective (after armor penalty) wpf for each powerthrow, so if you have 6 PT you'll need (6*14=84) 84 effective wpf. If you dont meet these "demands" your powerthrow will be lowered to what matches your wpf, this is why you cant pick up your throwing stuff again.

Offline TePlayer

• Knight
  • Ni
    • View Profile
    • niknights.eu
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 09:21:53 pm »
i have 5 powerthrow and 90 in throwing profeciency, than it isn that, i suppose. Why it isnt bug? It is bug !!!  My axes need 4 power profeciency. I will try to put more. Thx for reply.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 02:27:24 am »
Throwing weapons have always been used as secondary weapons thorough history.  Thinking you can use it as a primary weapon is pretty silly

Offline TePlayer

• Knight
  • Ni
    • View Profile
    • niknights.eu
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 04:33:27 pm »
No, bullshit, it is primary wepon, because you cannot have too much in inv. .....

Offline Werfried

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Goat bless my peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Werfrieds Peasant Battalion
  • Game nicks: Werfried
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 05:41:08 pm »
I have a throwing alt with 7 pt, 4 ps, 140 throwing, 70 1h wpf.

I use heavy trowing axes, also for melee. I would recommend you to use them instead of the throwing axes. It works pretty well.
And in my opinion 90 throwing wpf are not enough if you wanna use the throwing weapon as your primary weapon.

Offline Skyline

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Skyline
  • IRC nick: Skyline
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 05:44:24 pm »
I used heavy throwing axes as a main wep.... but you cannot rely on just throwing, just like you said you only have so much ammo before you have to go looking for more, so you have to save at least 1 to use in secondary mode..... nothing wrong with it, you just need more practice or you are expecting them to do alot more damage based of the damage they say. Its cut damage, so the plate armor floating around cuts that damage by alot.
Common sense is not so common.

"Anyways, there is no TK in this screenshot.  Only one guy killing another"  - Smoothrich

Offline BD_SUPERBEAST

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Warpigs_BD_Superbeast
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 06:10:39 pm »
+1
Non loomed heavy throwing axes start becoming decent at 6pt and are good enough at 7 pt, u can have 7 ps 7pt and 5if at lvl 30 with 2 split proficiencies on throwing and 1h 2h or pole. like  90-92 on melee and 126-29 at 30 too and u can be both effective with melee and throwing at 30 too with even a good armor (12 lb  body and good helmet,even good gloves) with no penalty.

the build would be for a lvl 30:

21 str
15 agi

5 wm 5 athl 7ps 7 pt 5 if and melee 90-92  and throwing wpf at 125-28. Works good.

And as last guy said, axes have cut damage,and cut its not specially good against medium-high armors, u can try jarids with this build too,depending on which projectile trajectories and speed u like the most.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 06:14:16 pm by BD_SUPERBEAST »