Author Topic: need 2h cav build  (Read 719 times)

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
need 2h cav build
« on: September 22, 2012, 04:32:35 pm »
 :lol:

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Re: need 2h cav build
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 04:34:02 pm »
12 27   catana 2 hander
9 riding  and rest u can figure out
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 04:37:43 pm »
12 27   catana 2 hander
9 riding  and rest u can figure out

and glance on mail

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 04:38:30 pm »
18/21, 21/18 or 24/15 depending on preferred horse. 

max riding athletics and PS, put rest in iron flesh, buy a long sword, enjoy

I went 24/18 for level 32 2hand cav but am missing some IF and all WM.  Could prob do a similar build at level 31 but with no IF or WM.. not really worth it for 1 level of PS, imo

Don't need WM at all unless you jerk it to plate armor and low speed stat weapon spam, 115 WPF is enough
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 04:42:41 pm by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 04:41:22 pm »
18/21, 21/18 or 24/15 depending on preferred horse. 

max riding athletics and PS, put rest in iron flesh, buy a long sword, enjoy

I went 24/18 for level 32 2hand cav but am missing some IF and all WM.  Could prob do a similar build at level 31 but with no IF or WM.. not really worth it for 1 level of PS, imo
thx

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 04:43:00 pm »
but im not sure what horse to use, wich one is best?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 04:52:54 pm »
but im not sure what horse to use, wich one is best?

Two choices really.

The Destrier is 5 riding, and is the most durable horse with decent stats.  Really high bump damage too.  5 riding opens up all the heavy cav options as well, but anything over a Cataphract is only there to troll.

The Arabian Warhorse is 7 riding, and has the highest maneuver, letting you avoid most danger, trick other cav, and set up perfect positioning for attacks.  Its also weak as shit and will die in 2 arrows.

I use the Destrier personally, and its definitely easier to perform well with, letting you barrel into situations and soak up arrows while 1 shotting scrubs with high PS.  The Arabian requires more effort and precision but would probably have a higher skill ceiling.  I recommend using whatever build you would enjoy most in melee, because you will spend plenty of time dismounted.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 04:54:50 pm »
3+ destrier is hard to get for a decent price  :cry: :cry:

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 05:00:01 pm »
a warhorse rides almost the same as a destrier, more expensive but worth it simply for the style.

Sacrificing 1 speed and 1 maneuver for +13 armour and +3 charge damage is very preferable for 2h/cav, as you will be getting much closer to the enemies than a lancer
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 05:06:16 pm by Casimir »
Turtles

Offline BlackWhite

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't matter if you're Black or White
    • View Profile
    • Join the Ravens of Valhalla Today! The only NA Viking Clan
  • Faction: Raven
  • Game nicks: BlackWhite
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 08:45:18 pm »
As the 2 above me said, you want a heavy horse.  Destrier is nice because it is cheap and seems to handle better than the other "heavy" horses, but I prefer the Large Warhorse/Warhorse.  They take a lot more hits from arrows and have near the same maneuver/speed stats.  It does cost a bit so if money is something of an issue I would go Destrier base simply off that. 

As far as the build is concerned you can go 21 or 24/15.  21 gives you the option to go more IF/WM or even Shield/Throwing if you want.  I go for that extra Power Strike because it helps to 1 shot those plate wearing heroes.  Also what helps is a pierce/blunt damage weapon.  My personal choice is the Morningstar.  Good speed, Awesome Damage and crappy range but you want to be close to infantry as little as possible and a cut damage weapon you will be going in once, twice or more. 

For a budget build I would go 24/15 with Shortened Military Scythe (39 cut, stab attack when dismounted and the all important 112 reach) Rouncey and one of the tunics over mail (good body armor, decent leg armor). 

When you have a multi or feel like going Rambo 24/15 With Morningstar Some sort of upgrade to the tunic over mail (I use Pronoia for it's awesome leg/body armors) and the Destrier or whatever you feel like paying.   

Also here are some tips for playing I had posted in other threads a while back as far as the play style.

Post about 2h strats:
http://forum.meleegaming.com/beginner%27s-help-and-guides/bastard-on-a-horse/

Post in a 2h cav build thread:
24/15

IF:5
PS:8
Athletics:5
Riding:5
All else:0

2h WPF:111(at 30)

Armor: Heavy body armor with good leg def. (40+ body and 13+ leg) and Good boots (spurs because you are cav duh). Whatever else you want

Horse: Destrier or above.  Personal favore is Large Warhorse because you will be a HUGE arrow target and this thing soaks em up like a sponge.

Weapon(most important part of 2h cav): I can't believe this isn't more commonly used but the freakin Shortened Military Scythe.  112 range, 39 damage.  Only downfall? It's slow.

Weapon(secondary): Great Maul for when you get dismounted or a Axe/Morningstar of your choice. The Scythe is still surpisingly good at dueling dismounted.

Strategy(beginning of round): Beginning of round I rush straight at the blob.  Archers will predictibly shoot at you and infantry will chase you.  Cav will  be trying to couch you so the zig zag trot is essential.  When you get the infantry seperates from the archers now you go get some work done.  Archers die in 1-2 swings from the Scythe so take a few out and go treat your wounds.

Strategy(Mid round): Support your infantry with bumps and learn how to use manuevering to pwn Spear cav.  Ctrl+J works against coursers, and against anything else just bait them to swing at you while evading where the swing will be last second.  To really make a spear cav. look bad hold down block and intercept your horse to cut his off. He will thrust into your block, maybe damaging your horse but now he is in your range.  You can stay pure infantry support and just protect infantry against cav + bump etc. Or you can be more offensive using the zig-zag trot effectively helps here.  Archers are your bread and butter here, bait spearmen away like you do in the beginning game and take out archers.

Any questions?