Author Topic: Retirement  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
Retirement
« on: September 26, 2012, 03:35:27 pm »
Hi there, I can't seem to find it but I read somewhere that retiring over level 31 you get more loom points. I'm about to hit 32 and was intending on retiring if I get 2 loom points for it as I thought I did. Can anyone clarify?

Offline PhigNewtenz

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Literally A Clan
  • Game nicks: Literally_PhigNewtenz, Literally_Not_PhigNewtenz
Re: Retirement
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 03:53:12 pm »
+3
35: Title "Grandmaster" + 8 loom points
34: Title "Master" + 5 loom points
33: Title "Veteran" + 3 loom points
32: 2 loom points
31: 1 loom point

Yes, you will get two loom points if you retire at level 32.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 04:08:31 pm »
OK, coolio.

Offline beniliusbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Valmaximoron, Osgod, Gorlinquist, Sultan_bin_SHIELDWALL, Toltbhrower
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 07:29:03 pm »
+1
I'm planning builds on all my characters for level 32 now that they've added this feature. Retirement kind of sucks hard because you're at a peak and then you're a peasant - and you grinded (ground?) 4 million XP for only 4 million XP worth of ass-kickery. But if you wait to hit level 33 before you retire, you're only grinding to level 30 for 4 million XP compared to the 32 million (or whatever, I'm assuming that's the right number, I kind of hope to god it isn't more) to get to 33. Less grind, more success, and a masterwork worth of looms when you finally do retire (because Tempered and Heavy and Thickened things kind of aren't worth it).

Of course this paradigm assumes in general that you play too much cRPG... and I of course have an alt for everything (except rangers and crossbowmen because you kind of have to be a dick to play CoD on cRPG).

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 07:38:49 pm »
and I of course have an alt for everything (except rangers and crossbowmen because you kind of have to be a dick to play CoD on cRPG).
You are telling true. But to be an archer you have to be a king of dick who thinks and it's a way harder to kill an enemy in cRPG than in CoD.
You are also dying way faster. Many ppl are hunting archers and x-bowers (me too :P)
Archer forever :D

Offline beniliusbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Valmaximoron, Osgod, Gorlinquist, Sultan_bin_SHIELDWALL, Toltbhrower
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 09:08:26 pm »
Haha. I'm just bitter for the arrows in my body...

Offline PhigNewtenz

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 02:00:19 pm »
(click to show/hide)

My new plan is to retire my alts at 32, but I'm going to keep retiring my main at 31 until I get to gen 16 for the max XP bonus.

Being a peasant isn't that bad, and it only lasts until level 22 or so. At that point I'm usually 15/15 or so and can do pretty well. That's only about 10% of the way to level 31, not 50%.

Going past 32 still costs you heirloom points. Getting to 33 takes 4x the XP of getting to 31 and you only get 3 heirloom points, instead of 4. You're essentially giving up an heirloom point (~450,000 gold) to avoid about 5 hours of being a peasant. I wouldn't do it, but it's up to you.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 02:06:01 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

My new plan is to retire my alts at 32, but I'm going to keep retiring my main at 31 until I get to gen 16 for the max XP bonus.

Being a peasant isn't that bad, and it only lasts until level 22 or so. At that point I'm usually 15/15 or so and can do pretty well. That's only about 10% of the way to level 31, not 50%.

Going past 32 still costs you heirloom points. Getting to 33 takes 4x the XP of getting to 31 and you only get 3 heirloom points, instead of 4. You're essentially giving up an heirloom point (~450,000 gold) to avoid about 5 hours of being a peasant. I wouldn't do it, but it's up to you.

not to speak that playing on lvl 31+ is way more enjoyable than having to lvl up

Offline PhigNewtenz

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 02:23:46 pm »
+1
Bah. Being a peasant is fun. Leveling up every few maps is fun. Playing at level 31+ is grinding and level crutching :wink:

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 08:56:34 pm »
Bah. Being a peasant is fun. Leveling up every few maps is fun. Playing at level 31+ is grinding and level crutching :wink:

Well, tbh, i have much more fun with somewhat complete build. Of course there are days when i preffer to die early on to do stuff irl, but that is not that often. And i do not like spending 4+ minutes dead as peasant almost every round, way too boring.

Not to speak getting valor is way easier with lvl 31+, so the grind is NOT that hard when you get to x5 in 2 rounds, is it?

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 09:08:55 pm »
+1

Being a peasant is fun, but I don't see how being satisfied with your build is "grinding". Grinding is grinding, and it's a mindset. Having a solid build and playing for fun is something else.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 09:14:27 pm »
Title:Veteran
Hall of Fame:Yes
Heirloom:+3 points

...must.....resist....retiring.....
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 09:20:35 pm »
Being a peasant is fun, but I don't see how being satisfied with your build is "grinding". Grinding is grinding, and it's a mindset. Having a solid build and playing for fun is something else.

I stopped retiring a few months ago and was about 10 mil away from 33, when I retired on sunday. The last few days playing were more fun then the last couple weeks.

I would actually say that playing 1-31 (or 32 with the new system) then retiring is more of a grind then not retiring.