Author Topic: Hit/block registering  (Read 892 times)

Offline TheTinManLawl

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Hit/block registering
« on: February 10, 2011, 06:25:06 pm »
So i noticed this as a minor annoyance over the past week that from time to time manual blocking would do absolutely nothing and I also thought maybe I just miss clicked cuz hey were not all pridecrusher :p But today especially I would manually block correctly and every single time any weapon would pass right through. Davo even stated that he did not even see me blocking when on my screen I blocked all of his attacks with the right timing and placement. This is not lag, as never had a drop in FPS and had a constant 55 ping. I have heard from other players similar stories. I'm wondering if you guys know anything about this. Also, not to the same extreme, but lately my weapons simply are not registering hits as they did a week ago. Sometimes I can completely slash trhough a teammate and hit the enemy standing in front of him turning a potential accidental TK into an enemy kill. This happens most frequently with overhead but I have seen it plenty of times with right and left slash.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
Re: Hit/block registering
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 07:33:06 pm »
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 02:55:56 pm »
Hi there, wandering in the bug reports section, I found your post.

This happens to me sometimes. So frustrating. I have tried to hunt this with fraps to get video/pciture as evidence. As you say, it is not always clear in the heat of a fight wether I miss-clicked, blocked the wrong way, etc... So far I could not get an obvious picture showing an attack going through my block  :(

All the videos I have made show my character not starting the block even though I was sure of clicking RMB correctly (especially when the attack is obvious and very predictable). And this concurs with what my opponent saw: for him,  I just did not block.

Also, I have to say that, on my side, I have never seen one of my attack going through the block of an opponent.

My theory is that there are packets of information that are lost through the connection. So you might block correctly but the server does not record the block in time or lose the information. This is just my theory, I can't prove anything.

Fortunately this happens not that often to discourage me from playing  :P

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 04:21:09 pm »
That issue is partially linked to the v0.2 patch, many people reported those kinds of strange blocks and hits not registering when it was released.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 04:22:09 pm »
This is an issue with Warband, not just c-rpg.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 04:56:29 pm »
Yes something is amiss. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWWm_YPnlps

Why is it that every time hitboxes are discussed that movie is posted...Teammate hitboxes work differently from enemies! That movie proves nothing.

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 04:56:58 pm »
I think I understand what you're talking about you click block then attack your block animation is still showing but really not there.  It happens to me sometimes and its really not the game.  The second you click attack your block actually drops so if you don't wait for the ping don't click attack.  Alot of times I'll anticipate the attack and click early and that will instantly drop your block.

Another thing, hit detection on the game is actually very good and includes the angle you're turned at. If you're turned too far to the right when you right block, you actually turn your side to the incoming blade.  This causes the game to detect a side hit rather than a front block.  Get used to not throwing your mouse too much into blocks.  You'll learn this practicing on duel servers.