Author Topic: Idea to the strategus community(rules for chivalry battles)  (Read 383 times)

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Idea to the strategus community(rules for chivalry battles)
« on: September 17, 2012, 08:47:45 pm »
I enjoy the linebattles of Napoleonic Wars because the way they are competitive and organized. The rules that are implemented are there to put a larger emphasis on teamwork and tactics, and prevent trolling(delaying, tking). I was wondering if people would agree to a adopting set of rules when engaging in battles on the strategus map to bring this organized competitiveness to cRPG. Im not saying everyone follows these rules, just people who want to engage in fair, organized battles amongst each other separate from the territory grabbing/faction vs faction aspect of strategus. Thats the meat of my idea these are some of my ideas for rules(I will refer to battles following these rules as "Chivalry Battles"):

1.) Declare tier your equipment/Separate equipment into tiers Not everyone wants to fight a surprise plate army, and even plate vs plate can be a drag. This rule would remove equipment imbalances and provide both sides with the comfort of knowing they wont enter the ring as a featherweight against a heavyweight, and facilitate cheaper more numerous battles. I'm not sure how to specifically split up the equipment into to tiers(by damage/armor points, purchase cost, loom level). But the idea would work as such: Person A and Person B agree to Chivalry battle using Tier 1 equipment, so that when they engage both parties know that the equipment of their foes will be armored cloth/leather, and armed with short swords and boar spears and not exceed that. If they agreed to a Tier 3 battle then they can both use plate and flamberges.

2. Limited tickets per battle/participant, Even numbers of tickets, Small ticket counts (5-100). Battles with a large amount tickets get deathmatchy, the point is to increase the emphasis teamwork and tactics and skill; limiting tickets requires people to be more strategic about how they use their human resources. So you can't be Rambo who is gonna burn through half your tickets, but wipe out the other team. If both sides agree to 2 tickets per person, after Rambo dies twice he no longer gets to spawn. Also limiting tickets to smaller counts makes it easier to enforce rules and makes recruiting tickets faster so you can have more battles.

Those are the only 2 rules I can come up with off the top of my head. If you like this idea feel free to give feedback and your own ideas.

Offline Oarsman

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Oarsman_HRE
  • IRC nick: Oarsman
Re: Idea to the strategus community(rules for chivalry battles)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 09:38:18 pm »
Nice idea but faraway from reality.
Even if you would get some people to follow these rules, there will always be players who want to take an advantage through better equipment.
And let's be realistic no faction is going to handicap itself by using low tier equipment only because the enemy has nothing better. And it would be a pain in the ass to organize which equipment you are going to use with every random guy you attack for his 5 crates.
Through the new spawntimer system you already have to watch out what you are doing on the battlefield and face the consequences of dying too often. But the point with a lot of small battles is crap. We all want big epic battles with lots of XP and not small 5 min ones on a random plain map.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Idea to the strategus community(rules for chivalry battles)
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 09:44:58 pm »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

NO
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy