Poll

Strategus Round 4 - what server will you play on?

European Server
312 (64.5%)
North American Server
172 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 484

Voting closed: August 31, 2012, 07:38:30 pm

Author Topic: Strategus Round 4 - what server will you play on?  (Read 6475 times)

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
Re: Strategus Round 4 - what server will you play on?
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2012, 01:16:18 am »
+1
Counting number of members from all  factions together is something completely different than counting all potential server users . Not to mention that this number is variable and repeatable result doesn't mean that it's correct. Even history of logins into servers doesn't reflect  true number of potential users without taking into account players who want to play, and there was no place for them in roster.

In first strat war for land on the map included war for number of slots with preferred ping. It was okay!

I think worth considering solution is more servers and server choice option in game menu. For example two servers for NA (East and West Coast) instead of one, second server for EU, and perhaps even AU for Frank  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2012, 03:40:24 am »
+1
Trust me the numbers of this poll are being very generous to NA players, and I'm sure the donkey team have other ways to measure regional participation besides a bunch of forum trolls voting one way or another.

Either way the little preview I've seen of the next strat map looks very promising and I don't think NA or EU players will be disappointed in the long run, a lot of complaints from this strat are in fact being addressed.  Good luck!
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2012, 04:06:23 am »
Trust me the numbers of this poll are being very generous to NA players, and I'm sure the donkey team have other ways to measure regional participation besides a bunch of forum trolls voting one way or another.

Either way the little preview I've seen of the next strat map looks very promising and I don't think NA or EU players will be disappointed in the long run, a lot of complaints from this strat are in fact being addressed.  Good luck!

Go on...

That sounds cool. I just hope they either split the servers between NA and EU or allow the fief owners to determine whether they're EU or NA. I dislike this whole artificial line between NA and EU.

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2012, 04:38:08 am »
Go on...

500k taser and i might let you in on the scoop...... A hefty price you peasents have to pay to hear news us lords talk about regularly

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2012, 04:44:25 am »
500k taser and i might let you in on the scoop...... A hefty price you peasents have to pay to hear news us lords talk about regularly

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2012, 11:44:40 am »
Split the servers, and then give people a character on both the US and the EU map. Effectively double your players if everyone wants to play on both.

Of course, most people will just want to play on their native server, but i personally would like to play on 2 servers with 2 chars in 2 different environments :).

I see no reason why i would not be able to have a char on the NA server, i feel comfortable enough fighting with NA ping in battles
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Ikaguia

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Smurfs_Kaisengr, ShintoRyu_MB
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2012, 07:41:46 pm »
just make two continents, old M&B map for EU (Old world) and WB map for NA (New World)