Author Topic: Use Flamberge on horseback, but thrust animation only.  (Read 1363 times)

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
Re: Use Flamberge on horseback, but thrust animation only.
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 02:19:57 pm »
Would look silly.
From the historical side its total bullshit.
Would be OP with swing.
Would be UP without swing.

To conclude:

I see no fuckin reason why this junk should be added.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 03:57:33 pm »
Although I am supporting the attitude that "It's realistic" or "it's historic" is not an argument for things which would break the balance, I think that "It isn't historic or realistic" can indeed be an argument against things which don't have anything to do with balance.

Why would someone use a Flamberge on horseback when he is only able to stab with it? I guess those swords weren't really viable for stabbing at all, because their blade was not stiff enough most likely. I don't have any facts for that, but it's how I imagine it, because from what I saw those Flamberges often had a blade which was rather "whobbling" or "bending", similar to the rotor of a helicopter.

But I do agree if some other two handed weapons should be usable from horseback, with the needed balancing of course, because it was historically accurate. You can see knights wielding two handed swords on horseback here for example.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 04:11:22 pm »
-snip-
But I do agree if some other two handed weapons should be usable from horseback, with the needed balancing of course, because it was historically accurate. You can see knights wielding two handed swords on horseback here for example.
Watched the clip. Isn't that a longsword he's using?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 04:15:18 pm »
+1
Watched the clip. Isn't that a longsword he's using?

It's something in that direction. I can't really tell if it's a 1½-hander or a pure 2-hander.  :?

I think at some point the lines are flowing, because in the end the strength of the wielder decides whether it is a 1½-hander or a 2-hander...
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 04:56:48 pm »
It's something in that direction. I can't really tell if it's a 1½-hander or a pure 2-hander.  :?

I think at some point the lines are flowing, because in the end the strength of the wielder decides whether it is a 1½-hander or a 2-hander...
True. Although toss in height and weight too.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia