Author Topic: Aim on horseback  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
Re: Aim on horseback
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 10:19:36 am »
I always did fine as an HA realy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 10:29:46 am »
On horseback, you need to compensate for the aim offset, especially when shooting from the right side. When shooting from the left side, it's not as significant, but you have to compensate still. From the center, and slightly leaning on the left, the aim is perfect.

You'd know this if you ever played HA in singleplayer, one of the first things you learn. :wink:

Maybe it's a bug, IDK, but it makes it a harder class for sure and that's good. Only pros should be good with HA.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 11:08:51 am »
On horseback, you need to compensate for the aim offset, especially when shooting from the right side. When shooting from the left side, it's not as significant, but you have to compensate still. From the center, and slightly leaning on the left, the aim is perfect.

You'd know this if you ever played HA in singleplayer, one of the first things you learn. :wink:

Maybe it's a bug, IDK, but it makes it a harder class for sure and that's good. Only pros should be good with HA.
And we all know the mighty pro HA from the north.

Offline saffran

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Saffran
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 11:19:50 am »
I think that the accuracy is not a problem, I have no problem with accuracy is bad on horse back its logical. The thing I have problem with is the animation. You have to shoot "wrong" to hit and I think thats were the problem is.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 12:17:05 pm »
As if we didn't already have enough cavalry on the battle server.

Buffing HA will not counter cav - it will nerf infantry further. Lancers don't often chase HA around, because they know that the HA can just shoot out their horse at range, then dance around them, therefore, who would the HA be targetting? Infantry, not cavalry, because they know that cavalry is little threat to them unless they get blind sided.

Additionally: I have no accuracy problems hitting with my HA - the only times that it becomes a little awkward is when you don't slow down to fire off a shot and in this situation the lack of accuracy is appropriate.

Conclusion: HA is fine.

I always target lancers and infantry only as a side shot because I know that's where I can do some damage. Shooting out their horses and what not. Not all will...but plenty of HA do fight cav.

Aim has been off for a while. The amount of arrows I see go through people is very annoying. But I think that is possibly a general ranged problem. Not just HA.

Offline Fandrall

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 5
  • Steppe Cap is back in style!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Fru_Apskaft
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 12:22:33 pm »
+4
I dont know much about cav in general and even less about horse archery in particular so I might be wrong here but isnt HA the nr1 anti lancer class? And if lancers have a hard time taking down a HA why would a HA ignore that target. Little risk of getting killed yourself and no spasmic unpredictable movments like you would get from inf. You would also support your team the best way you can (most of the time) by removing the enemy cav.

My tiny experiance of horse archery is that with enemy cav still around you will get lanced or slashed to death from behind if you're focusing on inf so its always best to try to dehorse or kill the enemy cav first. Both for your own and for your teams sake. Buffing HAs might indeed counter cav just as giving the lancers the lance angle back might also be a counter to cav.

BUT I agree that HA is fine (or was when I last played) though for another less anti-cav lobbyismic reason which is too far off-topic so I wont go into it in this thread.

On Topic: Arrows going through enemies chests/throats, different aimingspots for different maps, different aimingspots depending on your opponents ping, lag issues and funky hitboxes is what every archer mounted and on foot experience at times. I think there was a thread about it way way back in the technical problems section. I started to notice alot of these things when arrowspeed and later damage to head/body was tamperd with and it was like that untill I stopped playing (Då träffade du så dåligt Saffran att du inte märkte av detta :wink:) Just like Buba I have no proof of this, its just a feeling.

When it feels like the aim is off I shoot a few refrence arrows at Chagan or Kerrigan (any GK lancer on your team will do) so I know how to adjust.

Offline saffran

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 12:47:09 pm »
 :) du har helt rätt. men nu träffar jag rätt bra

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2012, 01:03:09 pm »
+1
Buff HAs to deal with lancers is like to try heal grippe with cancer

Offline saffran

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012, 02:30:34 pm »
No need for buff just fix the animation

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2012, 05:50:34 pm »
I think a big part of it is latency/netcode. On NA servers I have 40-60 ping and can aim HA shots well enough. It's difficult but I can land arrows on my target. On EU I have 130+ ping and I can go for rounds without landing a single arrow out of 40 shots. You have a very narrow window of time when you can release your arrow and hit a target as mounted range, so adding more delay and discrepancy between player and server side stuff makes it extremely difficult.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline saffran

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2012, 06:59:06 pm »
Just been playing a couple of days now and a geting more frustrated about this. I not saying a super HA but this is geting silly. Thinking of stop playing as a HA now

Offline Kawint

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 07:12:34 pm »
It's very hard to play a HA but it's also very hard to kill a Ha. He don't have to be near of the target and when you try to kill him he flee away.

Offline saffran

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2012, 07:32:41 pm »
Been a HA for over a year and think its most fun class u can play but now I having my doubts :(