Author Topic: Buff agility builds  (Read 6257 times)

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
Re: Buff agility builds
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2012, 12:19:27 am »
10 strength can't use a heavy great sword! SHENANIGANS!

Yeah...

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2012, 05:09:28 am »
10 strength can't use a heavy great sword! SHENANIGANS!

Yeah it's not like I retired or anything...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2012, 10:42:26 pm »
+2
Was about time somebody with some real STR build experience posted here. Only thing I want to add to this is:
- STR build require more skill when  it comes to battle awereness and good footwork.
- AGI builds require more skill when it comes to blocking and general melee skills.
A STR build can miss a block and get hit without a to big problem , but if I make one wrong turn on eu1 and get ganked im screwed.
A AGI build cant miss a block because if he gets a good hit hes dead or so low to health , but if you do end up in a nasty outnumbered situation you just go and run to safety.
A STR build generaly needs the more expensive equipement to make full use of it's power , but it's not like you need to go full tincan sperglord.
A AGI build is a bit more viable in lighter armour because it boost your speed more.
A STR build requiress less melee skills but more battle skills.
A AGI builds requiress more melee skills but less battle skills.
But I just have to admit that STR builds can be aboosed more , go 39/3 and grab a great maul and go hide behind a corner in siege , grab some high damage wep and a friend with an longspear. Agi buils get less opurtonities ( spelled wrong deal with it) to aboose there build.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2012, 09:46:28 am »
+1
Was about time somebody with some real STR build experience posted here. Only thing I want to add to this is:
- STR build require more skill when  it comes to battle awereness and good footwork.
- AGI builds require more skill when it comes to blocking and general melee skills.
A STR build can miss a block and get hit without a to big problem , but if I make one wrong turn on eu1 and get ganked im screwed.
A AGI build cant miss a block because if he gets a good hit hes dead or so low to health , but if you do end up in a nasty outnumbered situation you just go and run to safety.
A STR build generaly needs the more expensive equipement to make full use of it's power , but it's not like you need to go full tincan sperglord.
A AGI build is a bit more viable in lighter armour because it boost your speed more.
But I just have to admit that STR builds can be aboosed more , go 39/3 and grab a great maul and go hide behind a corner in siege , grab some high damage wep and a friend with an longspear. Agi buils get less opurtonities ( spelled wrong deal with it) to aboose there build.

*round of applause*
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2012, 09:52:33 am »
Needs more battle awareness? Lol, no. See below.
Better footwork? It helps, but I don't think so, str builds can generally weight-stun their way through most fights with agi builds.

Yes, granted.

Agi builds can't get ganked - they die too fast. Even if you survive the first hit, that stun will leave you stranded in combat with the person who just hit you, then if you manage to block their next attack, you're in the same position that a strength build would be - only with less health and armour.

Acceleration of an agi build isn't good enough to run from most situations (without getting help from a distraction) - you need time in order to even try to get away. Even if you do run away, where are you going to go? The chances are that if you're "nastily out-numbered", your team is dead so you're going to have to fight those people chasing you at some point anyway.

I'll give you this one. However, agi builds often don't have access to those most expensive equipments, so that's balanced out.

What you mean is that agi builds use lighter armour because it sapps your speed less. Weight effects strength and agility builds equally, this is not an arguement.

You're repeating yourself.

You're repeating your... wait a minute!

How, exactly, does one aboose an agi build? The only way I can think of aboosing one would be to run away all battle, delaying or otherwise leeching.

RE: Point 1.
The idea that agi builds need less battle awareness is laughable. You constantly have to be looking out for cav, archers, xbows, throwers, shielders - because all of these are a massive threat to you. The only thing that in fact you don't have to worry about too much is full strength builds, since they're one of the few things you can effectively out-run.

• Cav is faster than you - you can't run from them, they will catch you.
  • Archers/xbow/thrower out-range you and in 90% of cases will 2/3 hit you - which means you can't run from them either. Even if they only have time for one hit, that one hit's stun will keep you still long enough for them to get a headstart running thus you'll never catch them as 90% of them are agi builds too.
  • Shielders can hide behind their shields while you whale on it and either wait for help or get in a quick left swing since agi-spam no longer exists. Attacking a shielder head on (without being 100% sure that you're alone) as an agi build is basically suicide.

Strength builds need to watch for these too, but if they make a mistake they have a much greater chance of surviving that mistake, the agi build is dead.

Was about time somebody with some real STR build experience posted here.

So that we have two sets of biased opinions?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2012, 03:29:44 pm »
+1
Darian is better with an agility build than with a strengh build. He gets ganked quite easily with that strength build while he was a pain in the arse with his agility build :P
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2012, 08:11:16 pm »
I would have listened to you ptolemy, until I saw your reply to george...you obviously never have played full strength, or if you did,
you didn't remember shit. Or maybe it's because your main is a ninja and you want to make sure the game is changed to your advantage.
Dunno. Whatever it is, you lost credibility. You obviously portray agility players as victims of their own build and full str as angry gods of war. Why do you play ninja then? Are you a martyr? Or a liar?
Be honest to yourself and stop exaggerating. If there are so many balanced build and so few str whores, it's for a reason. That only justifies the fact that you are wrong. Get real.
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2012, 08:37:13 pm »
As I am completely impartial I can safely agree that agility builds need a buff.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2012, 09:02:07 pm »
I would have listened to you ptolemy, until I saw your reply to george...you obviously never have played full strength, or if you did,
you didn't remember shit. Or maybe it's because your main is a ninja and you want to make sure the game is changed to your advantage.
Dunno. Whatever it is, you lost credibility. You obviously portray agility players as victims of their own build and full str as angry gods of war. Why do you play ninja then? Are you a martyr? Or a liar?
Be honest to yourself and stop exaggerating. If there are so many balanced build and so few str whores, it's for a reason. That only justifies the fact that you are wrong. Get real.
ptolemy is sort of a 'tard.
And TBH I prefer agi builds and low armor over STR builds and heavy armor.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline WhiteAndMilky

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2012, 04:14:47 am »
If agility based builds are so underpowered, than how come so many use it?

Some people play certain builds just because they enjoy them, not because they are actually best. Heck, I play a 6/36 on my stf. Do I do it because it's good? Hell no, it sucks! But it's extremely fun to play.

And really not that many use it, its not like there is ever a large number of high agi in one room, maybe a few at the most. Nothing near the amount of str heavy builds running around.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2012, 04:17:36 am »
Herpaderpa
Can we change Ptolemys custom tag from "weeaboo" to "weeaboo whiner"?

Darian is probably the best guy to comment on this as he's pretty much been only 27+ AGI builds or only 27+ STR builds.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2012, 08:12:36 am »
+1
Why do you play ninja then? Are you a martyr? Or a liar?

I play ninja because when I started playing ninja it was still possible to flank, there were less cav and less archers and those archers were less skilled at blocking, so the class was actually fun. Plus a sense of loyalty to the clan.

I don't enjoy it now, it's just a grind - I'm just hoping that rageball comes back so I don't have to suffer anymore.

Maybe if we what % of players have 8 athletics and more, and what percent is 5 and less, we would get a real picture.

There was one about 2-3 months ago, most were between 15/24 and 24/15 if I recall correctly. Something in the region of 60%.

If I come across as pro-agility builds, that's only because in my experiences of both agility and strength builds, the agi build has come off far worse. It's my opinion, and I will continue to argue for it.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2012, 12:28:16 pm »
Cav is faster than you - you can't run from them, they will catch you.

This is laughable. With more than 7 ath you can dodge cav 24/7. Usually it's the strenght builds that are pretty weak to cav, even more so when they use short weapons. Nut then again, no str build with half a brain would use short weapons since that turns him into a s key hero punching ball.