Author Topic: Shielder against cav  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
Shielder against cav
« on: September 07, 2012, 12:13:11 pm »
+3
Its my first gen. as shielder so im kind a beginner :P. I enjoy it a lot but the problem is cavs. I cant do anything. I know that i dont have any advantage against them but there should be something to do cause theres lots of couch my old friends on EU1. You guys have any tricks?or ill be a siege player. This is my current build and ill keep it. Im using Nordic Champion Sword as 1h and Elite Cavalry Shield as shield.

STR=21
AGI=15

Ironfles=7
Power Strike=7
Shield=5
Ath.=5
W.Master=5

1h wpf=146

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: Shielder against cav
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 12:26:11 pm »
+2
carry a fauchard with you.  you dont need polearm wpf to stop them with it.  than take out your primary and slash them.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 12:44:33 pm »
man you're renown to infamy ratio is amazing so here's another -1

On topic: couch is getting nerfed so you will be able to chamber block them

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 01:02:07 pm »
carry a fauchard with you.  you dont need polearm wpf to stop them with it.  than take out your primary and slash them.

Ill try it.

man you're renown to infamy ratio is amazing so here's another -1

On topic: couch is getting nerfed so you will be able to chamber block them

Thanks.

On topic: I wasnt know that. Thanks again...

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 01:54:27 pm »
I know that i dont have any advantage against them
Actually you have one - maneuverability, you can change your moving direction instantly and they can't. Use it.

Well first of all, when lancer comes from behind and thinks you don't see him, you can just suddenly change your moving direction, turn back and hit him or his horse while he misses with his lance.

I also like one trick that often works when lancer comes in front of you. You start to move left still facing incoming cav, thus making him to go on his right a bit. Then, when he gets close enough, you jump right with leftswing. Looks epic and allows you to 1hit kill this lancer,
BUT
it won't work versus arabian warhorse or another horse with a lot of maneuver, also it is not likely to work against very experienced cav players.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:10:27 pm by Macropus »

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 03:25:02 pm »
+2
Safer play is to do opposite, move a lil to leftso he lines up trying to lance you on left, but edge a bit more then back to middle, and when he gets close jump away doing a right swing. You won't hit as hard since its off speed, but you play safe and get a hit at least.

If you time it perfect you can bring down horses even with 1h. Generally not worth the risk tho. Better to play bullfighter and dodge.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 03:59:29 pm »
If the horse attacks to your right, sidestep to the left as late as possible then immediately after the lance missed go towards the horse and do a right swing to the legs.

If the horse attacks to your left, sidestep to the right as late as possible then immediately after the lance missed go towards the horse and stab the legs.

If the horse goes slow enough and it's a lancer visibly not going to bump you, you can chamberblock the lance, but the resulting attack tends to miss since the turn nerf.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 04:18:00 pm »
Also, if you're running away from the horseman when he gets within 20 feet or so (depending on horse speed) run towards his horse.  It will greatly throw off their timing.  Or just dodge left (so my lance is on the right side of my horse's head) and then when I get close, jump back to your right (so I have to move my lance back over my horses head).  More often than not, I'll miss these as the transition over the horses head fucks up timing/aiming. 

Also what Vibe said is a joke...you've always been able to chamber a couched lance.  It's very risky, either you chamber or you're probably going to die, but it's possible, and a couched lance is pretty easy to time unless the guy is on an Arabian and juking.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 04:55:20 pm »
Also what Vibe said is a joke...you've always been able to chamber a couched lance.  It's very risky, either you chamber or you're probably going to die, but it's possible, and a couched lance is pretty easy to time unless the guy is on an Arabian and juking.

iirc you could only chamber a couch while using a shield. Don't ask me why, but it was like that on native. Think it's the same here.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 05:02:58 pm »
Its my first gen. as shielder so im kind a beginner :P. I enjoy it a lot but the problem is cavs. I cant do anything. I know that i dont have any advantage against them but there should be something to do cause theres lots of couch my old friends on EU1. You guys have any tricks?or ill be a siege player. This is my current build and ill keep it. Im using Nordic Champion Sword as 1h and Elite Cavalry Shield as shield.

STR=21
AGI=15

Ironfles=7
Power Strike=7
Shield=5
Ath.=5
W.Master=5

1h wpf=146

your build there kinda sucks, you should put at least 50 WPF into polearm and carry a war spear / red tassel / pitchfork w.e

also, nordic champion sword, despite vast popular opinion, is a bad infantry sword, it's too long, therefore gets caught a lot, doesn't have enough damage to consider it's relatively low speed etc etc. most of the swords that are ~~ 95 length are better. The purpose of a 1h is not to out-range your opponent's greatsword, therefore the extra 7 length gained from a champ sword will do you little good. 1h should be fast, in someone's face, and able to confuse his block with it's speed. The longer the weapon the easier it is too see, and therefore block. Of course your weapon needs to be of a certain length so you don't get constantly out-ranged, and so that you can target switch in melee. That's why i say ~~ 95 reach swords.

If you go this build you will maybe get a few kills, but you will -need- heavy armour (due to only 5 ath), which, when you're a shielder, is bad, as you can't turn in combat anywhere near as effectively.

best 1h/shield build i've ever tried is 18/21 with 80 WPF in pole and the rest in 1h, lightly armoured. If you know what you're doing and don't make any mistakes with your shield, you honestly don't need IF.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 05:08:34 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 05:14:11 pm »
iirc you could only chamber a couch while using a shield. Don't ask me why, but it was like that on native. Think it's the same here.

Hmm I could be mistaken but I think I've had my couch chambered by someone using their fists...but it may have just been my thrust they were chambering.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 09:29:48 pm »
A well timed sidestep and a stab can do the trick.