Author Topic: cRPG...  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
Re: cRPG...
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 11:17:16 pm »
+4
Buff 2h, especially the 2h swords. So underpowered, noone uses them.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 11:20:08 pm »
+1
Archers can easy kill..

Its really sad to watch un-loomed archers try to kill my strength build alt.... some of them even bounce on my armor, Average I take around 6-9 shots.
loomed archers do decent damage I normally can only survive 3-5 hits, which is much more realistic IMO.

Throwers one shot..

its hard to dodge throwing weapons when your decently close to them simply because not even they know where their throw is gonna end up... which is slightly annoying for both the infantry and the thrower.

Crossbowmen one shot..

I use a +3 Arbalest with +3 Steel bolts, I rarely 1 shot a level 30 character and if i do its a agility build with low armor
Often archers in Tunics survive a shot *Given it black bars them* but that isn't a 1 shot by any means.

Pikemen can block..

Okay???? so cant every other class besides Great lancer.

2H, a good mix into pikemen and y don't know what..

ah, and repairs that far exceed the price of the largest armor, or other equipment.
Not to mention the frequency of those repairs...
And also not to mention time to recover from a fall, I suffered 4 consecutive hit in a fall...

But in addition to that, it would still nerf the cavs or increase cav upkeep...  :rolleyes:

Maybe if all these new "hoplites" turned their spear to the cavs instead of infantry, there would be less cavs who attack the infantry.
And maybe if the infantry looked a bit around them, they would be less surprising in their backs...

The only thing that needs a nerf, these are stupid crossbow that does not need any point in power draw !

Agreed, add required WPF values for crossbows.

The only reason the cavs are many points/frag, it is only because they can move faster between each target.
I'm sure if the cavs could only move at the speed of men, there would be no difference in the classement.

ya give 60% of the mod some love buff 2 handers!

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 11:21:40 pm »
+2
Is it just me or do you get also killed more often by pike/2H (Pole, 1H) combo?
I honestly dun have probs with archers and cav, maybe only with some of that
high level all MW spergs but the rest is alright for me.

I think the whine about normal archers and cav is not fully justified,
some awareness and playin together with ur teammates does help alot here...
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 11:37:40 pm »
+1
all battle rounds are won by infantry "tactics"

cav and ranged are support

If you think i am wrong, spectate some games and see how and why each team wins, and i promise you, its not because CAV IS IMBA, or NERF RANGED.
It is because one side had better teamplay among the infantry.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 11:41:52 pm »
+5
The thing is the ones who complain the most, the inf, are actually the round deciders while archers along with thrower have the least impact on the round outcome. So if you wanna complain about archers, complain about having too many of them in your own team while the other steamrolls you due the inf advantage.

The other big factor, map dependent, is of course cav. But  they again feast on the ignorance and stupidity of players. If there was actual teamwork among the ranged and melee footmen, cav would have a harder time.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:02:27 am by Paul »

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 12:00:42 am »
+3
The other big factor is, map dependent, is of course cav. But  they again feast on the ignorance and stupidity of players. If there was actual teamwork among the ranged and melee footmen, cav would have a harder time.

This. In an organized battle, cav are fragile bulldozers, of great disctructive force only at the tipping point,  and until then nothing but a constant irritating threat placebo.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 12:02:42 am »
+5
Imagine how many lives would be saved if players grew three extra braincells and paid attention (not autorunning) in the first mere 30 seconds of every match.

Everytime I see someone get bumpslashed/lanced/couched in the first 30 seconds by running straight and not even dodging or looking, I facedesk.

We need Cav to prey on the weak and make them better players, in the words of a wise ninja "You need wolves to eat the bunnies, and if you get rid of the wolves then you are going to have a shitload of bunnies... And by bunnies I mean stupid people."
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2012, 12:05:38 am »
+3
This. In an organized battle, cav are fragile bulldozers, of great disctructive force only at the tipping point,  and until then nothing but a constant irritating threat placebo.

Best example of this was multi-clan tourney a while back. Cav was pretty useless bar cancelling each other out until the pivotal point in a battle when the majority of inf was engaged/dying and even then rarely would more than a few cav make it to the end alive. Organised inf with ranged support is simply to dangerous for cav to go anywhere near.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 12:06:38 am »
+3
That was a glorious tourney, it showed that in large-scale organized combat, every class was pretty equal.

I would love to see that happen again.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 12:09:51 am »
+2
Your topic title...