Author Topic: [Strategus] Spoils for early defender victory?  (Read 778 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
[Strategus] Spoils for early defender victory?
« on: September 09, 2012, 11:08:57 pm »
+12
Deserters just attacked my village (Ilvia). The battle started with them doing a massive tactical mistake and we managed to take their spawn almost immediatly, then decimating the ones that tried to retake it, meaning we won after just a measly 6 minutes.

This gave me that fat loot of absolute nothing.

This doesn't seem right. Defenders that manage to quickly beat an attacker like this should be rewarded. We would be way better off just leaving one flag up and spawnraping them until they retreated/lost all tickets. That isn't much fun, and any smart commander would just immediately retreat, thus getting minimal losses.

Here's some suggestion to what can happen:
  • The defending army that manages to take the attackers spawn (supply camp, whatever) should get a good chunk of their equipment and/or gold.
  • The defeated attackers, instead of being teleported, should be moved slightly away from the battle and unable to move for X hours (my suggestion, 24) so that they can't attack/run away, but defenders or others can sally out and attack them. Make them sitting ducks since they got their camp/supplies/base raided.

Here is the battle result, btw:
(click to show/hide)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: [Strategus] Spoils for early defender victory?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 11:13:16 pm »
+4
Agreed. After all it was the attacker's fault, so don't punish the defenders...
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 12:23:08 am »
next time dont take flags at start of the battle   :wink:
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 01:17:05 am »
Nice brag.  :D

I do agree with you though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 01:44:29 am »
Agreed. After all it was the attacker's fault, so don't punish the defenders...
Biased nordmen is biased.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 02:23:10 am »
+3
next time dont take flags at start of the battle   :wink:
So since you guys were stupid enough to leave your spawn totally open, we shouldn't take it?

Why should taking the enemy spawn only be a viable option for the attacker?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 08:01:12 am »
So since you guys were stupid enough to leave your spawn totally open, we shouldn't take it?

Why should taking the enemy spawn only be a viable option for the attacker?
you at least could spawnkill us, i think everyone came to battle in hope to get good fight and some xp.And now you are upset because you got tiny loot because you captured our spawn.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 11:10:42 am »
+4
Spawnraping is stupid and lame, don't make it mandatory.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 03:44:17 pm »
+2
you at least could spawnkill us, i think everyone came to battle in hope to get good fight and some xp.And now you are upset because you got tiny loot because you captured our spawn.
Well, you see...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Franke

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Franke_HRE and Frankes_STF_HRE
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 05:16:59 pm »
I agree about the proposition to take loot from the attacker's camp, but I don't think the (losing) attackers should be completely immobilized. Maybe you could just move them slightly away and reduce their speed for some time ("falling back in disorder")?
Quote from: Tindel
In teamspeak i like to hear all of your opinions on; beer and alcohol, chocolate chip cookies, social problems and their solutions, massmurderers, why ranged should burn in hell, hating on new maps, hating on old maps.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 05:33:10 pm »
I agree about the proposition to take loot from the attacker's camp, but I don't think the (losing) attackers should be completely immobilized. Maybe you could just move them slightly away and reduce their speed for some time ("falling back in disorder")?
Yeah, something like that. I just said move away and can't move, since otherwise they could move that short distance to the fief/player and attack again. As long as they have to wait X hours before they can reattack the fief/player (unless the guy attacks them) is what I really care about. That, and the defenders with the tactic victory getting some spoils.

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 09:38:02 am »
Okay, I know nothing about strat... so... what would the attacker get if the same battle was won in the same time in the same way, by them? Defence should get the same as what the attacker would get, in my uneducated opinion until someone explains otherwise to me.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 12:24:43 pm »
Okay, I know nothing about strat... so... what would the attacker get if the same battle was won in the same time in the same way, by them? Defence should get the same as what the attacker would get, in my uneducated opinion until someone explains otherwise to me.
If an attacker manages to take the defender spawn really quickly, they basicly get all the defenders equipment, the defender loses everything, and they might even get some of their troops (deserters).

You see now how it is imbalanced?

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 11:56:49 pm »
Yes, I see. In that case I stand by my previous statement:

Defence should get the same as what the attacker would get.