Author Topic: A little rework on bows  (Read 308 times)

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_GuiKa
A little rework on bows
« on: August 20, 2012, 01:17:56 am »
+2
There's something not fun about bow :

A low tier bows (everything under horn bow) don't make enought damage to hurt or even stun an armored target which is not fun at all, even with 5 Pd. But high tier bow with pure archer build do too much damage in my opinion, specialy when loomed.

So to make hybrid bow build or ha more effective and less boring, and in the other hand pure archer more balanced what about :

-PD now give +10% damage (instead of 14%)
-Evey bow get +4 damage (tatar 22 => 26) (rus 28 => 32)

It would nerf a little pure archer (anything with 6 or more pd) and nerf the value of loomed bow + arrow (which is too high) and buff a little ha/hybrid archers.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
Re: A little rework on bows
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 01:20:06 am »
make it +2 dmg and we can talk about it.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_GuiKa
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 01:25:07 am »
+2 would be a nerf i'm talking about rework

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 05:30:01 pm »
I use Tatar bow exclusively to good effect (at least according to the new scoring system). The only thing I would need in order to use the Nomad is better arrow flight speed so that they fly farther. Right now the range on the light bows is the problem, not the draw speed or damage.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 05:45:54 pm »
I use Tatar bow exclusively to good effect (at least according to the new scoring system). The only thing I would need in order to use the Nomad is better arrow flight speed so that they fly farther. Right now the range on the light bows is the problem, not the draw speed or damage.
Looming the nomad or regular bow gives them excellent arrow speed (all bows really).

I think 10% instead of 14% PD increase per level is the most simple yet also fair idea I've heard. Maybe rework the weaker bow stats so they maintain the SAME damage as now and not more though.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:54:39 pm by Lichen »