Author Topic: Ranged nerf in strategus  (Read 213 times)

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
Ranged nerf in strategus
« on: August 18, 2012, 10:59:33 pm »
+1
Hey all!

I've heard pepole want to nerf ranged  in strategus because it's OP at the beginning of each strategus round. In the "peasent wars" until people can afford to craft heavy armor, ranged classes are just to strong. If this is the reason why ranged should be nerfed (if not, sorry for bothering you with this), why can't we just nerf ranged at the beginning of the new strat round and buff it later continuously so that it's neither OP or UP, just good in comparison to melee people's armor?

Greetings,
Rico
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Ranged nerf in strategus
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 12:46:05 am »
+1
"people"? No, chadz is doing that. He's currently looking for a good solution as he noticed that many people who play Strategus respecced their main characters to Archers just for Strategus. And that is actually true, I also noticed that there were many more Archers during the last months  (and Im not talking about new players). ;)

He already tried some things, e.g. 200% speed and 50% dmg which would mean Archers would have to use the weapon rack really often. There also was a 10% dmg buff for Archery in the last battle when Archers were grouping up.

As long as the aim and damage isn't changed too heavily I guess changes are quite nice.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me