Author Topic: German greatsword, claymore or danish?  (Read 3351 times)

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
Re: German greatsword, claymore or danish?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 07:07:06 pm »
+1
German greatsword is only 1 less length than the Danish but it feels much shorter to me, maybe because of the shape of the blade. The cut damage is also a little underwhelming for a greatsword. I'd definitely recommend the Danish over the German, especially since the Danish greatsword is so ridiculously cheap.

However, I'd recommend the claymore over either of them. It's faster AND hits harder. The shorter length may seem like a disadvantage, but consider that you won't always be using it in wide open spaces where you have room to swing. If you're fighting indoors, around obstacles or in a crowd it's much easier to swing a shorter weapon without catching your sword on something in the environment.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 08:20:22 pm »
What about MW nodachi or war cleaver?

If i understood him right, he wants to have thrust and those dont have.

In my opinion the Danish has the most alrounding stats if u dont care the upkeep. If u care the later value for another choice or lesser upkeep, i would take the Claymore.

Maybe u will find some ppl on Duelserver to test both and findout yourself what u prefer.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 09:30:37 pm »
I would get the German because its stab is way OP. When it is MW it does like 31  29 pierce, and everyone knows lolstab is a staple in a 2h fighting style.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 12:55:11 am »
Miaodao

-   higher damage than the greatswords
-   much faster than the great swords
-   as long as the great swords

Katana speed, axe damage and greatsword reach

Its only weakeness is the lack of a stab and how boring winning every round might get.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 04:52:38 am »
Miaodao
Katana speed, axe damage and greatsword reach

It is 4 slower speed then a katana, and 5-9 length shorter then greatswords, with 2-6 damage less then the competitive axes. I think you exaggerated a bit there, though yes the Miaodao is a really nice sword.

Anywho, I suggest the German as it has a really nice stab which is wonderful when coupled with the animations that it has.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 04:55:41 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.