Author Topic: Is there any chance the following bugs with cav will ever get fixed?  (Read 698 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Teleporting - Usually happens if I bump a guy and then instantly run into an obstacle, will teleport straight until I drive my horse into a stop.
Forced walk - Ain't sure what causes it but even if I'm holding W the horse will only ever walk, fix is pressing S once, still a killer though.

Any chance they ever get fixed?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Toodles

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • DON'T CHASE CAV
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bjorn
Re: Is there any chance the following bugs with cav will ever get fixed?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 01:19:13 am »
+6
How about bump-couch? Tell me how THAT one works.

Offline Zandieer

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 01:22:07 am »
+1
And what about cav's shield, or even worse, lance blocking your attacks when targeting the horses legs? :|

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 01:28:28 am »
And what about cav's shield, or even worse, lance blocking your attacks when targeting the horses legs? :|
I hate that shit too, but, I say shield forcefield should just be removed altogether, that'd fix that bullshit, and it'd force shielders to aim their blocks or get a big ass board shield.
But seriously, sorta funny I make a thread asking if there is any way these would ever get fixed and Toodles comes crying about how op cav is, I don't even play a fucking lancer, bump couch/stab is fine, it takes some skill, just nerf bump damage to 0!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 03:48:08 am »
How about bump-couch? Tell me how THAT one works.

The same way a pikeman/spearman can stab people two feet away with the shafts of the spears.

Offline Paniolo808

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Bumpin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nakoa
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 05:05:29 am »
just nerf bump damage to 0!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Possibly the dumbest suggestion I've ever read on this forum. I can't tell if you're stupid or just trolling.
I already mentioned this in the recent 'balance cav thread' but getting hit by a horse hurts. Getting trampled by a horse hurts. That was the part of the point of cavalry back in the day. It wasn't just the idea of getting lanced or someone slashing at you from above that set most infantry back on their heels, it was an instinct, a fear, that pretty strongly imbeded in people. "Something bigger than me is coming at me very fast and it is going to crush me."
"We can say that Maud'Dib learned rapidly because his first training was in how to learn. And the first lesson of all was the basic trust that he could learn."

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 05:22:30 am »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Possibly the dumbest suggestion I've ever read on this forum. I can't tell if you're stupid or just trolling.
I already mentioned this in the recent 'balance cav thread' but getting hit by a horse hurts. Getting trampled by a horse hurts. That was the part of the point of cavalry back in the day. It wasn't just the idea of getting lanced or someone slashing at you from above that set most infantry back on their heels, it was an instinct, a fear, that pretty strongly imbeded in people. "Something bigger than me is coming at me very fast and it is going to crush me."
Game balance over realism bro.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 08:17:55 am »
just nerf bump damage to 0!

God hates you for this

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 09:04:24 am »
I think the horse taking a small amount of damage wouldn't be unreasonable if it is going to also deal damage, in terms of game balance. As it stands now pressing W at someone with no attack whatsoever works as a valid strategy, with no detriment if you pull it off.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 09:15:43 am »
+2
The OP sounds like an actual glitch.  Everything else is just wierd game mechanics that will be debated on til the end of time (and has been, in pretty much every thread ever written).