12 (57.1%)
No
4 (19%)
I like the idea, but...
2 (9.5%)
∇pa=apa−1∇p, ∫dz/(z^2+h^2)^(3/2)
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] New Market Function, Renting Items?  (Read 807 times)

Offline Exitialis

• Baron
  • Renown: 93
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
[SUGGESTION] New Market Function, Renting Items?
« on: July 18, 2012, 11:22:52 pm »
+6
Hello, what if you could rent out your heirloomed items to another player for x number of gold during x number of time.

Let's say you want to loom an item, but arn't really sure if it would do well after reaching x3. Well with this function you could go on to the marketplace, find a guy trying to rent out that item, and simply rent it and try it out.

Example:
Player1 puts out a masterwork sword on the market, he selects how long he is willing to rent it out and for what cost. He selects one day at a cost of 20 000 gold.

Player2 rents the item from the market paying 20 000 gold at once. The item instantly disappears from Player1's inventory and is placed in the possesion of Player2. Player2 plays around with it for an entire day, and then, at the end of the day, the item is automatically returned to Player1.

I know this might already be in use (clans and such), but an official system would make it much easier and available for everyone, without the risk of getting scammed.

Potential Problems:
How will the game be able to remove the item from Player2 if he keeps playing constantly? (Edit: Not a problem)
Rich getting richer?
(click to show/hide)
More problems?

Thoughts?
Ideas?
Discuss, and rememer the function of this system is in no way final, I just gave the basic workings of it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 09:07:31 pm by Exitialis »

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: New Market Function, Renting Items?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 11:42:06 pm »
Overall it is not a bad idea, I like it and I think that it has been discussed before. I don't really know how much I would want to see this over other things like a more complex cav fighting style. Still is a good thought
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 12:11:28 am »
An alternative would be that you rent out an item for a certain amount of time (e.g a week), during that time all the repair costs that usually disappear into nowhere are instead transferred to the owner of the item from the renter. So the more that the item is used, the more money you make from it - conversely, if you rent it to someone who doesn't play very much you won't make much money at all.

It's sort of a gamble and you can't then guarantee that renting out your item is going to make you a decent return (and makes it more into a loom sink - which should appeal to devs since looms are meant to be rarer).

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 12:38:58 am »
A novel idea. I like it.

New people could get a feel for various +3 items for a small cost. And old ones can also use it for deciding what to heirloom next.

Potential Problems:
How will the game be able to remove the item from Player2 if he keeps playing constantly?

Not a problem, the game can just remove it from the website inventory and it'll disappear from the game with the next update (or synchronization).

Offline Exitialis

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 08:47:47 pm »
Overall it is not a bad idea, I like it and I think that it has been discussed before. I don't really know how much I would want to see this over other things like a more complex cav fighting style. Still is a good thought
Agreed, some things must take priority.
Perhaps this function could be added on a to-do list, if it's good enough.

Offline Exitialis

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTION] New Market Function, Renting Items?
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 02:52:02 am »
Bump.