Author Topic: 1h/Sheild but with spear (1h)??  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Hardenklo

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
1h/Sheild but with spear (1h)??
« on: July 23, 2012, 08:59:37 am »
Hello im kind of new and i have been trying out soo many diffrent things i was wondering if you can use 1h sword and 1h spear with shield. Do i have enuff wpf to put in polearm and 1h?

going for the 21/15 build

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 1h/Sheild but with spear (1h)??
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 09:31:58 am »
It is called hoplite. Check my guide if you like.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Hardenklo

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 11:09:45 am »
It is called hoplite. Check my guide if you like.

I have check it out and i like the first one you have and i will use Axe as close range weapon. I just wonder what kind of armor i should use?  As im new i dont have alot off money and i always dies (practice and maby i can kill someone also). And when i mean armor if good body armor 18k i will play untill i get that money. What i wonder is what armor would you choose?

Thanks again for the quest replay i got.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 11:12:52 am »
Armor is a lot about personal preference with melee classes. First off get a good set of light armor, both to try it out and in order to make money. Armor around the level of the Lamellar vests is good beginner light armor. Once you have that and have a decent feeling for it, try something heavier. Just keep trying weights until you find what feels best for you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hardenklo

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 11:42:52 am »
Armor is a lot about personal preference with melee classes. First off get a good set of light armor, both to try it out and in order to make money. Armor around the level of the Lamellar vests is good beginner light armor. Once you have that and have a decent feeling for it, try something heavier. Just keep trying weights until you find what feels best for you.

i started of with the Black surcoat over mail. It feel nice but what about Helmet/shoes/gloves.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 11:57:23 pm »
i started of with the Black surcoat over mail. It feel nice but what about Helmet/shoes/gloves.

Ok, black surcoat over mail is also a good level to be at.

For Gloves I recommend the Mail Gauntlets for moneymaking, or Hourglass Gauntlets for some better protection.

For Boots, as a general rule try and have about the same leg armor as body armor (some people skimp on leg armor, but I don't recommend doing this.). Your surcoat already gives some very good leg armor, so you could potentially go for some lighter boots, such as the Rus Cav boots. For some more general purpose boots you could also go for the Mail Chausses.

For Helmet, I strongly recommend getting a good helmet. A lot of people go for lighter head armor, but that makes you far easier to kill by someone who knows how to target hitboxes. As infantry, don't go lower than the Kettle Helm. Past that, just go for whatever your willing to spend the upkeep on and that looks good.

Offline Sarpton

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hurlbat
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 06:39:16 pm »
Druzina mail + kettle helmet+ mail gloves/chausses.   Coat of plate is gonna slow you down and really not give that big of a bonus unless your high Iron flesh.  (In my experiance at least.)  But the combo I mentioned you have good mobility/ decent protection and easy gold income. 

With the spear and shield and a one hander you already gonna be slow and expensive.  With the armor your posting your upkeep is what 26k or so?  I'd try ad keep my upkeep below 21k at most.  You really don't want to start having your gear break.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 07:05:23 pm »
As a short polearm the double sided lance is great imo. I use it on siege and I can do pretty well with it. I use light armor and a crappy shield with a not finished 15/21 cav/hoplit hybrid.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2245
  • Infamy: 2263
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 07:37:26 pm »
Ashwood pike is the way to go.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 10:22:19 am »

I have check it out and i like the first one you have and i will use Axe as close range weapon. I just wonder what kind of armor i should use?  As im new i dont have alot off money and i always dies (practice and maby i can kill someone also). And when i mean armor if good body armor 18k i will play untill i get that money. What i wonder is what armor would you choose?

Thanks again for the quest replay i got.
Axes are a good choice with lower power strike levels. Only note that one of the Iron axes has 16 STR requirement so it can't be used with a 15/21 build. It could have been awesome if it could've been used. But there are some other axes you can try out too, so I guess it's not that much needed.

As for the armor, you really have to find your own armor because it is much for personal preference. But builds with high agi and athletics, you have to rely on your movement speed so don't go very heavier. Also try not to get very light armor because as a high AGI character you will lack some survivability other melee classes might have. So for me, medium armor was the best choice. Especially I can recommend using a byrnie with a 15/21 build.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D